Velocity Reviews

-   -   Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t192956-intalling-external-drive-cd-burner-on-windows-98-version-4-10-98-a.html)

Bun Mui 02-05-2004 03:13 PM

Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98

Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98

I wish to install an external E-drive cd-burner on my
Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.

Currently I have C: and D: drive as 2 harddrives and E drive as cd-rom drive.

I wish to install E-drive cd-burner on my Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.

I have to attach it via parallell port at the back of my computer and
it suppose to automatically install by itself.

So what will the E-drive external burner be at? F drive?

Any comments as to what I should do and what will happen?

As I don't want my other drives already installed to change letter drive or
be cancelled.

TIA

Bun Mui

Dan Shea 02-05-2004 05:07 PM

Re: Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98

On 5 Feb 2004 07:13:55 -0800, bunmui@elvis.com (Bun Mui) wrote:

>Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98
>
>I wish to install an external E-drive cd-burner on my
>Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.

Is E-drive the *brand name* of the CD burner? Maybe just call it "the
burner" in future to avoid confusion. :)

>Currently I have C: and D: drive as 2 harddrives and E drive as cd-rom drive.
>
>I wish to install E-drive cd-burner on my Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.
>
>I have to attach it via parallell port at the back of my computer and
>it suppose to automatically install by itself.
>
>So what will the E-drive external burner be at? F drive?

Yes. It should take the next sequential drive letter available.

>Any comments as to what I should do and what will happen?
>
>As I don't want my other drives already installed to change letter drive or
>be cancelled.

Hook it up. It should become the F: drive, and your current drive
assignments should be unchanged.

Cheers,
dan

Bun Mui 02-06-2004 05:47 AM

Dan Shea <danshea@see.my.sig> wrote in message news:<vut42017mbur8s7gpej2sh44ovtf030it5@4ax.com>. ..
> On 5 Feb 2004 07:13:55 -0800, bunmui@elvis.com (Bun Mui) wrote:
>
> >Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98
> >
> >I wish to install an external E-drive cd-burner on my
> >Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.

> Is E-drive the *brand name* of the CD burner? Maybe just call it "the
> burner" in future to avoid confusion. :)
>
> >Currently I have C: and D: drive as 2 harddrives and E drive as cd-rom drive.
> >
> >I wish to install E-drive cd-burner on my Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.
> >
> >I have to attach it via parallell port at the back of my computer and
> >it suppose to automatically install by itself.
> >
> >So what will the E-drive external burner be at? F drive?

> Yes. It should take the next sequential drive letter available.
>
> >Any comments as to what I should do and what will happen?
> >
> >As I don't want my other drives already installed to change letter drive or
> >be cancelled.

> Hook it up. It should become the F: drive, and your current drive
> assignments should be unchanged.

If we unhook up the burner does the F: drive disappear?

What happens.

Thanks.

Bun Mui

Boomer 02-06-2004 05:56 AM

Re: Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98

Bun Mui, <bunmui@elvis.com> wrote:
[big snip]

Hi

You are abusing a valid domian. Do you have permission to use
elvis.com in your address?

~ Munging ~
http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

Example: YourNym@NoValidDomainOK.com.invalid

Please Do Not abuse a valid domain.

To verify, do a 'whois' search at http://network-tools.com/,
http://www.samspade.org/ or http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

~ Spambots ~
http://www.sendfakemail.com/fakemail...t/makebait.asp

~ Harvesting ~
http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gcasel...arvesting.html

Dan Shea 02-06-2004 05:58 AM

Re: Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98

On 5 Feb 2004 21:47:34 -0800, bunmui@elvis.com (Bun Mui) wrote:

<snip>
>> Hook it up. It should become the F: drive, and your current drive
>> assignments should be unchanged.

>If we unhook up the burner does the F: drive disappear?

Almost certainly.

>What happens.

Only one way to find out...

Cheers,