Velocity Reviews

-   -   mydoom (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t192586-mydoom.html)

T 02-01-2004 03:31 PM

mydoom

Anyone out there get hit with mydoom?

--

Tom

Ionizer 02-01-2004 05:09 PM

Re: mydoom

"T" <tfriend@snet.net> wrote in message
news:fZ8Tb.31017$nr3.20644@newssvr33.news.prodigy. com...
> Anyone out there get hit with mydoom?

Many were "hit" by the first version:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...varg.a@mm.html
but relatively few by the second version:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...doom.b@mm.html
(scroll down to the "Threat Assessment" chart.)

Were you one of the unfortunate few?

--
Ian.

T 02-01-2004 05:38 PM

Re: mydoom

Nope just curious I have a home pc support business.

--

Tom

Trax 02-01-2004 06:08 PM

Re: mydoom

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 15:31:23 GMT, "T" <tfriend@snet.net> wrote:

|>Anyone out there get hit with mydoom?

No, it's a very specific program, I'm having to have it sent to me :}

Sometimes you just have to admire a program no matter what it does,
this is one (kinda like art). uses no exploits, stays out of the
newsgroups as well many other problem areas/sites (.gov,.mil), waits
for a specific time, does it's deed, and then just becomes part of the
normal Windows file clutter. (just a few of it's attributes)

All I'm told in just 22K.

Second version is just a hack.
--
,,
( "> w "Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season.