Velocity Reviews

-   -   Users of Internet Explorer may want to follow Microsoft's advice(or not) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t192433-users-of-internet-explorer-may-want-to-follow-microsofts-advice-or-not.html)

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?= 01-30-2004 10:36 PM

Users of Internet Explorer may want to follow Microsoft's advice(or not)

Microsoft now says the safe way to use IE is to not click on any links.
The following text is taken from

http://support.microsoft.com/default...5Bln%5D;833786
(don't click on the above link, type it in).

The most effective step that you can take to help protect yourself from
malicious hyperlinks is not to click them. Rather, type the URL of your
intended destination in the address bar yourself.

You can test your vulnerability here:

http://secunia.com/Internet_Explorer...Spoofing_Test/

--
Apologies if this is old hat. But I do like old hats. But only on other
people.

why? 01-31-2004 12:18 AM

Re: Users of Internet Explorer may want to follow Microsoft's advice (or not)

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:36:21 -0500, Rôgêr wrote:

>Microsoft now says the safe way to use IE is to not click on any links.
>The following text is taken from
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/default...5Bln%5D;833786
>(don't click on the above link, type it in).
>
>The most effective step that you can take to help protect yourself from
>malicious hyperlinks is not to click them. Rather, type the URL of your

<snip>

Then again MS came up with this,
http://theinquirer.net/?article=13869
Wednesday 28 January 2004, 19:39
Microsoft decides to abolish URLs with user names, passwords
Leaps into action after only a few months

Me