Velocity Reviews

-   -   FYI "Man Who Invented Ctrl+Alt+Delete Combination Retires" (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t192285-fyi-man-who-invented-ctrl-alt-delete-combination-retires.html)

Boomer 01-29-2004 02:22 AM

FYI "Man Who Invented Ctrl+Alt+Delete Combination Retires"

David Bradley, the man who invented Ctrl +Alt +Delete retires
http://www.nbc17.com/news/2800201/detail.html

Shel-hed 01-29-2004 02:39 AM

Re: FYI "Man Who Invented Ctrl+Alt+Delete Combination Retires"

On 29 Jan 2004 02:22:01 GMT, Boomer <Boomer__Baby_@mailiinator.com> wrote in
24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>David Bradley, the man who invented Ctrl +Alt +Delete retires
>http://www.nbc17.com/news/2800201/detail.html

Oh great. Now what will we do? :-(

Boomer 01-29-2004 02:57 AM

Shel-hed, <out-of-service@please-make-a-note.of.it> wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2004 02:22:01 GMT, Boomer
> <Boomer__Baby_@mailiinator.com> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>>David Bradley, the man who invented Ctrl +Alt +Delete retires
>>http://www.nbc17.com/news/2800201/detail.html

> Oh great. Now what will we do? :-(

Just control + delete?
Alternative, penguin?!

Shel-hed 01-29-2004 03:14 AM

Re: FYI "Man Who Invented Ctrl+Alt+Delete Combination Retires"

On 29 Jan 2004 02:57:34 GMT, Boomer <Boomer__Baby_@mailiinator.com> wrote in
24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>Shel-hed, <out-of-service@please-make-a-note.of.it> wrote:
>
>> On 29 Jan 2004 02:22:01 GMT, Boomer
>> <Boomer__Baby_@mailiinator.com> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>>David Bradley, the man who invented Ctrl +Alt +Delete retires
>>>http://www.nbc17.com/news/2800201/detail.html

>> Oh great. Now what will we do? :-(

>Just control + delete?
>Alternative, penguin?!

Do penguins eat much?

Boomer 01-29-2004 03:21 AM

Re: FYI "Man Who Invented Ctrl+Alt+Delete Combination Retires"

Shel-hed, <out-of-service@please-make-a-note.of.it> wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2004 02:57:34 GMT, Boomer
> <Boomer__Baby_@mailiinator.com> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>>Shel-hed, <out-of-service@please-make-a-note.of.it> wrote:
>>
>>> On 29 Jan 2004 02:22:01 GMT, Boomer
>>> <Boomer__Baby_@mailiinator.com> wrote in
>>> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>> Oh great. Now what will we do? :-(

>>Just control + delete?
>>Alternative, penguin?!

> Do penguins eat much?

Only windows.

Sprung 01-29-2004 03:51 AM

Re: FYI "Man Who Invented Ctrl+Alt+Delete Combination Retires"

nit picking. it doesn't "force(s) obstinate computers to restart when
they will no longer follow other commands." It switches focus to the
Windows Task Manager.

news:40186e48$0$189$892e7fe2@authen.yellow.readfre enews.net...

trout 01-29-2004 04:09 AM

Shel-hed wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2004 02:57:34 GMT, Boomer <Boomer__Baby_@mailiinator.com>
> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> Shel-hed, <out-of-service@please-make-a-note.of.it> wrote:

>>> Oh great. Now what will we do? :-(

>> Just control + delete?
>> Alternative, penguin?!

> Do penguins eat much?

Not really. But they *do* leave their droppings everywhere.
--
"The word 'MicroSoft' seems to make them lose control of their bowels."

Shel-hed 01-29-2004 05:42 AM

Re: FYI "Man Who Invented Ctrl+Alt+Delete Combination Retires"

I think Sprung is a spring chicken, no? :-)

Dear Sprung,
Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to infiltrate your local computer
scrap yard and foist a "386" computer. Resuscitate it using 4 megabytes of ram, a
5-1/4" floppy and a 100Mb drive. (You may actually have to do some research here.)
When you have done this, go to a computer swap meet and obtain a copy of MS dos 6.0
and a copy of Windows 3.0. It may help if you wear a button-up shirt (buttoned to the
top), plaid polyester slacks and unwashed hair. Make sure to yell "dos roolz" a lot.
Install dos.. oops... go to that website again and read up on ctrl-alt-del.
Install dos, then Windows.
About now, you will have discovered a thing called "drivers".
If you make it this far, report back for further instructions.
Good luck.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:51:28 GMT, "Sprung" <sprung.time@bigpond.com> wrote in
24hoursupport.helpdesk:

William Poaster 01-29-2004 10:05 AM

Re: FYI "Man Who Invented Ctrl+Alt+Delete Combination Retires"

It was on Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:14:59 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that Shel-hed wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2004 02:57:34 GMT, Boomer <Boomer__Baby_@mailiinator.com> wrote
> in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>>Shel-hed, <out-of-service@please-make-a-note.of.it> wrote:

>>> Oh great. Now what will we do? :-(

>>Just control + delete?
>>Alternative, penguin?!

> Do penguins eat much?

No, we're not as bloated as a gatesgobbler. ;-)

--
Linux User #: 305646. http://counter.li.org/
Using linux at home, since 1998

William Poaster 01-29-2004 10:11 AM

Re: FYI "Man Who Invented Ctrl+Alt+Delete Combination Retires"

It was on Thu, 29 Jan 2004 02:57:34 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that Boomer wrote:

> Shel-hed, <out-of-service@please-make-a-note.of.it> wrote:
>
>> On 29 Jan 2004 02:22:01 GMT, Boomer
>> <Boomer__Baby_@mailiinator.com> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>>David Bradley, the man who invented Ctrl +Alt +Delete retires
>>>http://www.nbc17.com/news/2800201/detail.html

>> Oh great. Now what will we do? :-(

> Just control + delete?
> Alternative, penguin?!

Ctrl +Alt +Delete just brings up the menu:-
"What do you want to do next?"
Log in as different user
Turn off computer
Restart computer