Velocity Reviews

-   -   Printer failure (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t192255-printer-failure.html)

Moisey Sapozhnikov 01-28-2004 07:01 PM

Printer failure

Hello. I have a Windows ME system with 1.2 G processor and 640 MB REM and
Epson Stylus Color 860 printer. The system worked properly till lust week
when it stopped printing. There are no error msgs. Clicking PRINT from Word
just freezes Word but brings no response from printer. Attempt to print from
WordPad or Notepad or another document from them brings no response from the
printer. The printer itself is OK, as it prints the Printer Check and from
DOS prompt correctly. Epson Printer Port (LPT1) Properties shows: 'No
conflict'. Attempts to change printer driver or uninstall the printer itself
and any additional files relating to it manually, and any entries related to
Epson from the Registry and to reinstall the printer didn't change the
picture..
Any advice on solving the problem will be greatly appreciated. Moisey.

°Mike° 01-28-2004 07:32 PM

Re: Printer failure

Try changing the printer cable.

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:01:48 -0800, in
<101g1oulcp02t14@corp.supernews.com>
Moisey Sapozhnikov scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Micio 01-28-2004 09:57 PM

Re: Printer failure

Hello Moisey !
I had exactly same printer.
I have to admit I killed it by not following the
instructions that is " Use only original epson ink
cartridges"
After the original cartridges ran out I replaced
them with compatibles reason ? price of course,
When the ink was about 1/4 left on the ink monitor
I had to clean the print head everytime I had to use
It till the print head clogged up and I gave It away.

If You still using original ink and the ink monitor
shows enough ink You have to look for different
problem. One more thing if You are out on any
one colour that printer will not print till You replace
that colour ink cartridge. Good Luck Micio.
=====================================

°Mike° 01-28-2004 10:28 PM

Re: Printer failure

I'm not Moisey.

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:57:59 -0600, in
<40183069_1@news.cybersurf.net>
Micio scrawled:

>Hello Moisey !

<snip>

trout 01-28-2004 10:47 PM

Re: Printer failure

°Mike° wrote:

> I'm not Moisey.

Not even a little?
--
"Moisey-ish, perhaps?"

°Mike° 01-28-2004 10:58 PM

Re: Printer failure

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:47:18 -0800, in
<bv9e6b$o4bk4$1@ID-179272.news.uni-berlin.de>
trout scrawled:

>°Mike° wrote:
>
>> I'm not Moisey.

> Not even a little?

No, sorry, not even a little.

--
At least I don't think so.

Moisey Sapozhnikov 01-29-2004 01:02 AM

Re: Printer failure

Thanks for advice but changing the printer cable doesn't help.

Micio 01-29-2004 05:30 AM

Re: Printer failure

Hello Mike!
Sorry Mike I was replying to the original Poster,
I think I was in the tread but on the wrong spot,
I usually attach my opinion or a guess to the last post
on the subject , or should we reply on the original post?
Could You Explain Which post to choose if I want to
reply to the original poster who is asking for help.
Thanks * Mike* Micio.

°Mike° 01-29-2004 06:43 PM

Re: Printer failure

Never just attach your "opinion or a guess" to the
last post. It makes it seem like you are talking to
the wrong person, which your are, of course.

Highlight the post your wish to respond to, ie. answer,
and press 'Reply Group'.

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 23:30:13 -0600, in
<40189a63_1@news.cybersurf.net>
Micio scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike° 01-29-2004 06:44 PM

Re: Printer failure

Do you have a system restore that you could revert to?

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:02:10 -0800, in
<101gq51g50dbo4c@corp.supernews.com>