Velocity Reviews

-   -   compaq presario 1245 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t192123-compaq-presario-1245-a.html)

SRB 01-27-2004 02:29 AM

compaq presario 1245

I have a compaq presario 1245 that had it's drive reformatted. I want to
reinstall the version of windows that came with the laptop - but the cab
files were stored on a hard drive partion and the recovery disk is useless
without them.

Anybody know any solutions? Websites with the drivers etc...

michael turner 01-27-2004 02:35 AM

Re: compaq presario 1245

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 02:29:29 +0000, SRB wrote:

> I have a compaq presario 1245 that had it's drive reformatted. I want to
> reinstall the version of windows that came with the laptop - but the cab
> files were stored on a hard drive partion and the recovery disk is useless
> without them.
>
> Anybody know any solutions? Websites with the drivers etc...

Get in contact with Compaq for the original Windows and bundled software
CDs (they will charge you for this). Failing that you'll have to purchase
an original Windows CD, and then go to Compaq's site for the drivers etc.

--
Michael Turner

Abbyss 01-27-2004 10:45 AM

Re: compaq presario 1245

> and then go to Compaq's site for the drivers etc.
Well, gooood luck... :-)

Regards
Abbyss

"michael turner" <mike.turner1963@IDONTLIKESPAM.virgin.net> skrev i melding
news:pan.2004.01.27.02.35.08.694000@IDONTLIKESPAM. virgin.net...

SRB 01-27-2004 02:49 PM

Re: compaq presario 1245

"Abbyss" <no-spam-abbyss@nomail.no> wrote in message
> > and then go to Compaq's site for the drivers etc.

> Well, gooood luck... :-)
>
> Regards
> Abbyss

I actually found quite a few of the drivers on the compaq site, which
surprised me. Last time I looked they had nothing.