Velocity Reviews

-   -   Hard disk volume serial number -- help required re editing. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t191944-hard-disk-volume-serial-number-help-required-re-editing.html)

No Cheques Cash only 01-25-2004 04:54 AM

Hard disk volume serial number -- help required re editing.

Hi,

I was just wondering if there would be any software around for editing the
hard disk volume serial number (found by typing "vol c:" at the DOS prompt.

If you could reply to metalsta@ihug.co.nz that would be great.

Regards,

Chris

docmill 01-25-2004 05:20 AM

Re: Hard disk volume serial number -- help required re editing.

"No Cheques Cash only" <MakinaFortune@foxtels.expense> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering if there would be any software around for editing
> the hard disk volume serial number (found by typing "vol c:" at the
> DOS prompt.
>
> If you could reply to metalsta@ihug.co.nz that would be great.
>

> Regards,
>
> Chris

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/so...shtml#VolumeId

ftp://ftp.powerquest.com/pub/utilities/ ptedit32.exe is the file

Or look for this utility VSN3201.ZIP

But, no one repies to email traps.

--
+++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

Patrick 01-25-2004 05:11 PM

No Cheques Cash only wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering if there would be any software around for
> editing the hard disk volume serial number (found by typing "vol c:"
> at the DOS prompt.
>
> If you could reply to metalsta@ihug.co.nz that would be great.
>

> Regards,
>
> Chris