Velocity Reviews

-   -   Remote Support suggestions??? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t191735-remote-support-suggestions.html)

Jason Paris 01-22-2004 10:11 PM

Remote Support suggestions???

Hi all,

A quick Network Support-type question.....

Was wondering what the current attitude is towards 'Remote Support'
products (ie, tools for taking control of a user's Desktop remotely).

In the past I've used pcANYWHERE and MS-SMS...... but haven't used
these types of tools for a while, and was wondering what's currently
considered to be "the best"..... and why.

Our IT team will be using the tool for remote break-fixing on, say, 35
Desktops, across 3 sites, linked by 512k lines, through a Win2003
Server. The Desktops are a mix of XP & Win98.

Many thanks,

Jason Paris

Scrote 01-23-2004 08:26 AM

Re: Remote Support suggestions???

Try NetSupportManager. (30 day free trial)
www.netsupportsoftware.co.uk Works extremely well & is simple to use.
HTH
Tony

news:253370b9.0401221411.71f81f82@posting.google.c om...

chrispeterson 06-18-2013 10:52 AM

We use on premise remote support appliance such as RHUB in our organization to enable remote desktop sharing. It has easy to use functionality and best part is, it is only one time payment.