Velocity Reviews

-   -   HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive, (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t191399-how-do-i-clean-out-my-harddrive.html)

****easyGOING 01-19-2004 04:36 PM

HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,

HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned

Rifleman 01-19-2004 04:38 PM

Re: HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,

"****easyGOING" <zdoxie@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned

Boot from the XP CD and follow the instructions for a new install,
formatting the HDD on the way.....

John Holmes 01-19-2004 05:07 PM

Re: HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,

****easyGOING came up with this:

> HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned

Look here, it's the best I could find.
http://nolte-net.de/en/article/lego_disk.html

--
Somebody is watching you.

-John Holmes-

Senti 01-19-2004 05:36 PM

Re: HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,

****easyGOING did mumble zITOb.99904$8H.144946@attbi_s03...

> HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned

Could you be a little more specific on what you mean by "CLEAN OUT"?
--
~SF~
To make a man happy, fill his hands with work. -Frederick E. Crane

Senti 01-19-2004 05:44 PM

Re: HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,

John Holmes did mumble Xns9475B860D8F53johnanonymouscunt@192.168.0.101...

> ****easyGOING came up with this:
>
>> HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned
>>

> Look here, it's the best I could find.
> http://nolte-net.de/en/article/lego_disk.html

"The lego team removes the data smut with normal household steelwool. (What
kind of data might that has been? tsk tsk)"

Heh
--
~SF~
There's a difference between a philosophy and a bumper sticker.

Harrison 01-19-2004 06:26 PM

Re: HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,

YoU FOrmaT it

°Mike° 01-19-2004 08:01 PM

Re: HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,

Basic computer maintenance

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:36:47 GMT, in
<zITOb.99904$8H.144946@attbi_s03>
****easyGOING scrawled:

>HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

Professor 01-19-2004 08:06 PM

Re: HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,

You can always get rid of certain files such as temp files and temporary
internet files but it also pays to defrag and scandisk at least once a week.
Otherwise the only thing to do is delete files you really don't need and
uninstall programs that you don't use anymore. Also Outlook express saves
attatchments in emails that you might have already downloaded to a file you
can delete these as well as any mail in folders that you don't really need.
You can also burn data files or image files that you don't access all the
time to a cd and delete the ones on the hard drive. If you downloaded
programs from the internet that you have installed you can burn the
downloaded file to a cd and delete the one on the hard drive.