Velocity Reviews

-   -   Unique emailsender makes W98SE crash (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t191189-unique-emailsender-makes-w98se-crash.html)

Maria 01-17-2004 04:52 PM

Unique emailsender makes W98SE crash

A brandnew customer sends me emails that, WHEN OPENED, causes my Desktop W98SE
continuously to crash. BSOD comes with repeated message:
OE ..... 0187:BFF9DFFF

Netscape or Outlook Express, bang when opened. Even when trying to forward
quoted or replied-to W98SE crashes. Mails contain nothing but text, no
attachments.
NAV2003 on/off: no difference.

When mails sent to my Laptop W98SE with Netscape or Outlook Express: no problem!

When Desktop started in Safe Mode I can read and manipulate the particular email
w/o trouble. The desktop itself has no other bug or trouble, works fine.

It is very embarrasing for my customer. Never ever had this before.
What can this be, any ideas? Looking forward,
Maria

°Mike° 01-17-2004 05:05 PM

Re: Unique emailsender makes W98SE crash

What is the *verbatim* error message? No need for stack dump
or registers.

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:52:57 +0100, in
<40096868.97CDD25@wanadoo.nl>
Maria scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Maria 01-17-2004 05:22 PM

Re: Unique emailsender makes W98SE crash

Translated from Dutch Blue Screen:

Fatal Exception OE on 0187:BFF9DFFF. Current appl is/will be closed.
* Hit a key to close app
* Hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to etc.
Hit a key to continue...

Is this any help?

Ciao, Maria

°Mike° 01-17-2004 06:33 PM

Re: Unique emailsender makes W98SE crash

What Are Fatal Exception Errors

Troubleshooting Fatal Exception Errors
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=150314#1

Bad RAM Causes Fatal Exception Errors Running Windows 95-98

FATAL EXCEPTION ERRORS
http://aumha.org/win4/kbefe.htm

Fatal Exception 0E Errors
http://www.infinisource.com/techfile...0e-errors.html

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:22:01 +0100, in
<40096F38.4ED700AD@wanadoo.nl>
Maria scrawled:

Maria 01-18-2004 05:28 PM

Re: Unique emailsender makes W98SE crash

Thank you for your help, I will check them all!
Ciao, Maria

°Mike° 01-18-2004 07:06 PM

Re: Unique emailsender makes W98SE crash

You're welcome.

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:28:30 +0100, in
<400AC23D.409855A9@wanadoo.nl>
Maria scrawled:

>Thank you for your help, I will check them all!
>Ciao, Maria
>
>"°Mike°" wrote:
>
>> What Are Fatal Exception Errors

<snip>