Velocity Reviews

-   -   CD tray won't open (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t190745-cd-tray-wont-open.html)

Lane 01-12-2004 08:57 PM

CD tray won't open

Can't get my cd tray to open. Neither the eject button or the software
'eject' works. Anyone had this problem before? Any workarounds? Help!

TIA,
Lane

Mcploppy 01-12-2004 09:31 PM

Re: CD tray won't open

Lane bashed at the keyboard and said:
> Can't get my cd tray to open. Neither the eject button or the software
> 'eject' works. Anyone had this problem before? Any workarounds? Help!
>
> TIA,
> Lane

There is a small hole in the front just below the drawer.You can stick a
pin/paper clip in there and the tray will open .

--
McPloppy

{ Remove both MyShoes to email me }
{ Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
{ Local Radio: http://tinyurl.com/j1vi }
{ My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }

Evil T 01-12-2004 09:33 PM

Re: CD tray won't open

Lane wrote:
> Can't get my cd tray to open. Neither the eject button or the software
> 'eject' works. Anyone had this problem before? Any workarounds? Help!
>
> TIA,
> Lane

Are there any lights on? Power cable loose?

If a disks is still in the drive, get a paperclip, push it into the tiny
hole below the tray, the drive will pop out.

John Stephenson 01-12-2004 09:34 PM

Re: CD tray won't open

On CD fascia should be small pin-type hole, insert paperclip end and
depress. Should work a treat!

eddie 01-12-2004 10:29 PM

Re: CD tray won't open

Hi
If you look at your C.D. drawer you will see a very small hole what you do
is insert a paper clip into this hole and your drawer will open just enough
for you to pull it open I think what has happened is that the disk is
stuck...
Best of luck from Eddie

Al Prezioso 01-13-2004 12:05 AM

Re: CD tray won't open

There is a small pinhole on the front of the drive tray, open up a
paperclip & insert it into the hole & firmly push in which forces the
tray out ejecting the disk.

Lane 01-13-2004 04:39 AM

Re: CD tray won't open

I'm thinking I may have a dodgy power plug.. I unplugged the one I was
using and switched for another. Works as advertised! <shrug>
Btw, the ol' paper clip trick worked fine but evidently the drive wasn't
getting enough power to run the electro-mechanical part. When I tried
accessing it from explorer, I got the "Drive not ready" notice. Checked
it out in MyComputer/System. Seemed fine there, so broke down and opened
the case and did the switch.

Thanks for all the reminders about the paperclip. I'd forgotten that
one.<grin>

Lane

odarp88 09-21-2010 10:10 PM

omg

MY DVD RAM DRIVE (E:) WONT OPEN. BTW MY COMPUTER DOESNT HAVE A HOLE IN IT! SO THERES NO WAY OF OPENING MINE WITH A PAPERCLIP WITHOUT A HOLE! ANYONE KNOW HOW TO OPEN IT OTHER THAN REPEATEDLY PRESSING (EJECT) CUZ MINE STILL WONT OPEN!!

youby 12-09-2012 06:21 AM

1) Turn off and unplug PC.
2) Get a powerdrill and make a small hole in the front of the CD Tray..
3) Insert a paperclip into small hole and push.
4) If this does not work (which is likely), insert a small fishhook barb into the hole and pull.
You never know what you might catch;)

NotATroller 02-03-2013 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1904