Velocity Reviews

-   -   shut down (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t190452-shut-down.html)

viv 01-09-2004 11:50 PM

shut down

When I go to shut down my computer before I click on shutdown the colour
fades from the screen, if I click cancel the colour returns, has anyone got
any ideas why this is occuring. or is this normal my system is xp
thanks.

Peter B 01-10-2004 12:02 AM

Re: shut down

"viv" <viv0147@vrosser.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> When I go to shut down my computer before I click on shutdown the colour
> fades from the screen, if I click cancel the colour returns, has anyone

got
> any ideas why this is occuring. or is this normal my system is xp
> thanks.

Yes it is normal.

ICee 01-10-2004 12:04 AM

Re: shut down

viv wrote:
> When I go to shut down my computer before I click on shutdown the
> colour fades from the screen, if I click cancel the colour returns,
> has anyone got any ideas why this is occuring. or is this normal my
> system is xp
> thanks.

That's a "feature" of XP. It's normal. Night draws nigh...

Douglas Adams

°Mike° 01-10-2004 12:13 AM

Re: shut down

It's a feature of XP.

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 23:50:27 -0000, in
<btneo3$m4p$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>
viv scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Sharon 01-10-2004 04:22 PM

Re: shut down

Why does XP hang in that faded/grey screen mode and need a reboot sometimes
when a non administrator logs off?
I have seen it happen on two machines now
Sharon

"°Mike°" <ZHNTPDWBLECA@fcnzzbgry.pbz> wrote in message
It's a feature of XP.

/personel44/maintenance.html