Velocity Reviews

-   -   On a lighter note... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t189984-on-a-lighter-note.html)

Bryan 01-05-2004 12:43 PM

On a lighter note...

A man was walking down the street when he was accosted by particularly dirty
and shabby-looking homeless man who asked him for couple of dollars for
dinner.
The man took out his wallet, extracted two dollars and asked,"If I gave you
this money, will you buy some beer with it instead?"
"No, I had to stop drinking years ago," the homeless man replied.
"Will you use it to buy lottery tickets instead of buying food?" the man
asked. "No, I don't gamble" the homeless man said. "I need everything I can
get just to stay alive."
"Will you spend the money on fish bait instead of food?" the man asked."Are
you NUTS!" replied the homeless man. "I haven't fished in 20 years!"
"Will you use the money to buy a ticket to the Chiefs game?" the man asked.
"Are you crazy?" the homeless man replied. "I wouldn't pay to see folks beat
upon other folks. I have seen enough of that on the streets."
"Well," said the man, "I'm not going to give you the two dollars. Instead,
I'm going to take you home for a terrific dinner cooked by my wife."
The homeless man was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you for
doing that? I know I'm dirty, and I probably smell pretty bad." The man
replied, "Hey, man, that's okay! I just want her to see what a man looks
like who's given up beer, ball games, gambling, and fishing."