Velocity Reviews

-   -   Backing up an Windows XP pc (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t189650-backing-up-an-windows-xp-pc.html)

ErmYouKnow 01-02-2004 05:16 PM

Backing up an Windows XP pc

Hello all,

I'm about to take install various software (Mozilla and Eudora), and would
like to backup my system onto DVD. Reason being is that I have previously
had Mozilla on my computer and for some reason I uninstalled it and used IE.
The problem is, when i went back to IE, webpages looked so much different
(the text was a LOT bigger (twice the size)) compared to before I installed
Mozilla.

Now previously when I had Windows 98se I could backup my drive onto another
drive using Norton Ghost (version 2002 I think). I used a Norton Ghost boot
disk to create the backup. But now that I've got Windows XP and using a
NTFS file partition I don't know if I could use the same method (using a
Ghost boot disk to create the backup) if I where to go out and purchase the
latest version.

Does the latest version of Ghost still use the same process of backing up a
harddrive (i.e. using a Ghost boot disk).

Regards,

ErmYouKnow 01-03-2004 12:11 AM

Re: Backing up an Windows XP pc

anyone?

Billh 01-03-2004 03:37 AM

Re: Backing up an Windows XP pc

Yes you can set it up to use the boot disk but Ghost 2003 has a nice feature
where you set up what you want Ghost to do say backup your hard drive to a
DVD burner and Ghost will reboot your computer turn back on run the back up
and then reboot back to windows for you no floppy needed.

ErmYouKnow 01-03-2004 05:52 AM

Re: Backing up an Windows XP pc

Thank you Billh, much appreciated.
news:3ff5f178$0$31869$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.co m...