Velocity Reviews

-   -   Killing Real Player 8 opening jingle?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t189109-killing-real-player-8-opening-jingle.html)

Jack 12-27-2003 11:31 PM

Killing Real Player 8 opening jingle??

I have just about got Real Player 8 by the throat, but it still plays a four note jingle when it
is opened.

I have unchecked, "Play a clip when Real Player starts up", but apparently, it does not really
believe that this is my true desire and plays one anyway.

It is only four annoying little notes, but if I can shut them off, I would like to do so.

Any help?

Thanks
Jack

PS I have deleted all Real Audio files that were created by the install program.

Brian H 12-27-2003 11:31 PM

Re: Killing Real Player 8 opening jingle??

Jack said:

> I have just about got Real Player 8 by the throat, but it still plays a four
> note jingle when it is opened.
>
> I have unchecked, "Play a clip when Real Player starts up", but apparently,
> it does not really believe that this is my true desire and plays one anyway.
>
> It is only four annoying little notes, but if I can shut them off, I would
> like to do so.
>
> Any help?
>
> Thanks
> Jack
>
> PS I have deleted all Real Audio files that were created by the install
> program.

Except the one that keeps playing.

EricP 12-27-2003 11:37 PM

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 15:31:00 -0800, Jack <zzz@xxx.net> wrote:

>I have just about got Real Player 8 by the throat, but it still plays a four note jingle when it
>is opened.
>
>I have unchecked, "Play a clip when Real Player starts up", but apparently, it does not really
>believe that this is my true desire and plays one anyway.
>
>It is only four annoying little notes, but if I can shut them off, I would like to do so.
>
>Any help?
>
>Thanks
>Jack
>
>PS I have deleted all Real Audio files that were created by the install program.

Simple, kill "Real Player". Use "Real Alternative"

Jack 12-27-2003 11:57 PM

Re: Killing Real Player 8 opening jingle??

I'm downloading it now.

Thanks Eric!
Jack