Velocity Reviews

-   -   OE : More background colours? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t188644-oe-more-background-colours.html)

Champagne Charlie 12-22-2003 02:15 AM

OE : More background colours?

Is there any way I might be able to add a 'custom' colour bakground to my
emails when using Outlook Express?
The colours I get in XP are very limited, but I'd like to be able to select
more colours of my own from the menu.
Anyone know if this could/can be done?
TIA.
C.C.

°Mike° 12-22-2003 02:49 AM

Re: OE : More background colours?

Why do you want pretty colours in email?

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 02:15:43 -0000, in
<UpsFb.62$3A.30@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>
"Champagne Charlie" <Software@(SkipTheBrackets)Totalise.co.uk> scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

John D 12-22-2003 03:22 AM

Re: More background colours?

"Champagne Charlie" < wrote in message
> Is there any way I might be able to add a 'custom' colour bakground to my
> emails when using Outlook Express?
> The colours I get in XP are very limited, but I'd like to be able to

select
> more colours of my own from the menu.
> Anyone know if this could/can be done?
> TIA.
> C.C.

Make up some custom .jpg's and put them in the stationary folder under
program files. Then open a write message and choose format, background,
picture.

Champagne Charlie 12-22-2003 03:33 AM

"°Mike°" <ZHNTPDWBLECA@fcnzzbgry.pbz> wrote in message
> Why do you want pretty colours in email?

I like 'pretty colours in email' °Mike°. ;) I do a lot of nice backgrounds,
but sometimes just want to be able to pick a colour for a background rather
than a 'picture' or clip-art thingy.

C.C.

Hic!

°Mike° 12-22-2003 04:04 AM

Re: OE : More background colours?

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 03:33:37 -0000, in
<WytFb.296$3A.144@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>
"Champagne Charlie" <Software@(SkipTheBrackets)Totalise.co.uk> scrawled:

>"°Mike°" <ZHNTPDWBLECA@fcnzzbgry.pbz> wrote in message
>> Why do you want pretty colours in email?

>I like 'pretty colours in email' °Mike°. ;) I do a lot of nice backgrounds,
>but sometimes just want to be able to pick a colour for a background rather
>than a 'picture' or clip-art thingy.
>
>C.C.
>
>Hic!

If you *really* must, just make some stationery with different background colours.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Milow 12-22-2003 04:06 AM

Re: More background colours?

Champagne Charlie wrote:
> Is there any way I might be able to add a 'custom' colour bakground
> to my emails when using Outlook Express?
> The colours I get in XP are very limited, but I'd like to be able to
> select more colours of my own from the menu.
> Anyone know if this could/can be done?
> TIA.
> C.C.

Use Mspaint, double click on the white palette box to create a
custom colour (bottom left palette if it's not white !),

Click on: Define Custom Colours, move your mouse pointer on to
the cross hairs, left click & hold it down, then move it around,
also use the slider on the right till your happy with it, then click:
Add to custom colours then click: Ok

the custom colour will now show up where the white palate box used
to be, now click on the paint pot (tipping out the paint) then click on
your custom colour palette, move your mouse pointer up to a white
area and click on it to fill it with your custom colour,

now click on: File/Save As (select to save it as a : JPEG and name it
slug green or what ever you like !, remember where you save it to !.

In Outlook Express click: Message/New Message Using/Select Stationary

Create New, click next & make sure you put a tick in: Picture

next click the: Browse button and navigate to the file name you saved
earlier,
highlight it by clicking on it then click: open, now select: Entire Page
under
the heading of: Tile, now go through the rest of the settings font, size
etc &
set it up as you want to !.

You can of course use picture files as a background but remember it
will end up a larger file size than a plain old e mail, when you get
around to
sending it, longer to upload and download (dial up is slowwwwwww !)

Hope you can follow this little lot ok....