Velocity Reviews

-   -   Audio playback (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t188459-audio-playback.html)

Richard Owlett 12-20-2003 12:48 AM

Audio playback

I need a program which can play at least WAV files and
*THEN MUST CLOSE completely* immediately.

Is there such a beast?

°Mike° 12-20-2003 12:55 AM

Re: Audio playback

The built-in Windows sound recorder.

Use a batch file, and use the syntax:

sndrec32 "<path to wav file>" /play /close

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:48:27 -0600, in
<vu76v9sk1ebr7f@corp.supernews.com>
Richard Owlett scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Brian H¹© 12-20-2003 01:02 AM

Re: Audio playback

Richard Owlett said:

> I need a program which can play at least WAV files and
> *THEN MUST CLOSE completely* immediately.
>
> Is there such a beast?

Create a shortcut to a wav file, then go into the shortcut properties and change
the target line to something like this.

%SystemRoot%\System32\sndrec32.exe /play /close c:\pathtowavfile\wavfile.wav

where the first part is the path to the soundrec file, the second part being
self evident, and the third part being the location of the wav file you want to
play.

Now that you mention it, I would like to find how to get it to work with a
shortcut to an mp3 ;-)

Richard Owlett 12-20-2003 01:25 AM

Re: Audio playback

Richard Owlett wrote:

> I need a program which can play at least WAV files and
> *THEN MUST CLOSE completely* immediately.
>
> Is there such a beast?

Can anyone suggest why my post appeared multiple times?

°Mike° 12-20-2003 01:35 AM

Re: Audio playback

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:25:03 -0600, in
<vu7941jqdmd27@corp.supernews.com>
Richard Owlett scrawled:

>Richard Owlett wrote:
>
>> I need a program which can play at least WAV files and
>> *THEN MUST CLOSE completely* immediately.
>>
>> Is there such a beast?
>>

>Can anyone suggest why my post appeared multiple times?

I only see it once here.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Juan Pérez 12-20-2003 05:10 AM

Re: Audio playback

In news:vu7941jqdmd27@corp.supernews.com,
Richard Owlett <rowlett@atlascomm.net> typed:
> Richard Owlett wrote:
>
> > I need a program which can play at least WAV files and
> > *THEN MUST CLOSE completely* immediately.
> >
> > Is there such a beast?
> >

> Can anyone suggest why my post appeared multiple times?

I see it only once.

--
Juan
R.B. deux
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination".