Velocity Reviews

-   -   Fonts Question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t188214-fonts-question.html)

Martin Eden 12-16-2003 09:42 PM

Fonts Question

I'm trying to add some fonts that I got of the Internet in the Windows
Font's Folder. When I am in the C:\windows,I right click the Fonts
folder and hit properties. The folder is listed as Read-only. I then
unclick the 'Read-only,' but it won't accept anything else other than
Read-only. It's seems Windows is forcing this folder to be Read-only
no matter what; It won't accept any other attribute.

I would like to add my own fonts. Can anyone tell me how I can add
fonts for my convenience?

Thanks,

Martin Eden

Brian H¹© 12-16-2003 10:12 PM

Re: Fonts Question

Martin Eden said:

> I'm trying to add some fonts that I got of the Internet in the Windows
> Font's Folder. When I am in the C:\windows,I right click the Fonts
> folder and hit properties. The folder is listed as Read-only. I then
> unclick the 'Read-only,' but it won't accept anything else other than
> Read-only. It's seems Windows is forcing this folder to be Read-only
> no matter what; It won't accept any other attribute.
>
> I would like to add my own fonts. Can anyone tell me how I can add
> fonts for my convenience?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin Eden

Either drag and drop to the folder, or right click the font and choose install.

°Mike° 12-16-2003 10:17 PM

Re: Fonts Question

Click on the Fonts folder, go to 'File / Install New Font...'

On 16 Dec 2003 13:42:54 -0800, in
<b0f54618.0312161342.52b3e254@posting.google.com >
Martin Eden scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Harrison 12-16-2003 11:32 PM

Re: Fonts Question

Any chance that this is Windows NT, 2000 or XP and you're not an
admin.?