Velocity Reviews

-   -   Outlook Express (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t188162-outlook-express.html)

TRISHA MCEVILLY 12-16-2003 01:30 AM

Outlook Express

I have been unable to recieve any email I am able to send mail can anyone
help?

olfart 12-16-2003 02:02 AM

Re: Outlook Express

"TRISHA MCEVILLY" <TMAC1966@charter.net> wrote in message
> I have been unable to recieve any email I am able to send mail can

anyone
> help?

I've gotten 6 of your emails already. The problem is that if I email
back my wife might find out about us. If you would use the smoke
signals that I suggested there would be no problem. And who else are
you emailing besides me??

trout 12-16-2003 02:27 AM

Re: Outlook Express

TRISHA MCEVILLY wrote:

> I have been unable to recieve any email I am able to send mail can
> anyone help?

( You'll be getting rather too much mail; if you post to Usenet with
a real, 'unmunged' address. Please see:
<http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html>)

As for your problem; is it recent? Have you made any major changes/
added new software?
Try sending *yourself* an email; and note (exactly) any error
messages you get.
--
"Post back with details."

Trent C 12-16-2003 09:43 AM

Re: Outlook Express

> I have been unable to recieve any email I am able to send mail can anyone
> help?

You need to post a teeny bit more information. For example, I might answer
"try switching the computer on", which could address your problem.

So, what's the operating system? Which version of Outlook Express are you
running? Can you connect to the internet with another application (for
example Internet Explorer)? Are you getting an error message from Outlook
Express, and if so, what is it? Have you already spoken to your ISP and
confirmed that your mail receiving settings are correct?

Brian H 12-16-2003 09:50 AM

Re: Outlook Express

Trent C said:

>> I have been unable to recieve any email I am able to send mail can anyone
>> help?

> You need to post a teeny bit more information. For example, I might answer
> "try switching the computer on", which could address your problem.
>
> So, what's the operating system? Which version of Outlook Express are you
> running? Can you connect to the internet with another application (for

A quick check of her headers reveals

Brian H 12-16-2003 01:13 PM

Re: Outlook Express

olfart said:

> "TRISHA MCEVILLY" <TMAC1966@charter.net> wrote in message
>> I have been unable to recieve any email I am able to send mail can anyone
>> help?
>>

> I've gotten 6 of your emails already. The problem is that if I email
> back my wife might find out about us. If you would use the smoke
> signals that I suggested there would be no problem. And who else are
> you emailing besides me??

Hey, don't think she looks cute in the skimpy g-string and near-non-existant
bikini top?
Oh, and those pink fluffy handcuffs are to die for.

The Old Sourdough 12-16-2003 01:13 PM

Re: Outlook Express

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:02:47 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
at the following statement by olfart in message news:brmuvt$541jc$1@ID-
34582.news.uni-berlin.de

> "TRISHA MCEVILLY" <TMAC1966@charter.net> wrote in message
>> I have been unable to recieve any email I am able to send mail can

> anyone
>> help?
>>

> I've gotten 6 of your emails already. The problem is that if I email
> back my wife might find out about us. If you would use the smoke
> signals that I suggested there would be no problem. And who else are
> you emailing besides me??

Carrier pigeons are more secure than smoke signals.. :-)

--
The Old Sourdough
No of SETI units returned: 2534

olfart 12-16-2003 01:22 PM

Re: Outlook Express

> 34582.news.uni-berlin.de
>

> Carrier pigeons are more secure than smoke signals.. :-)
>
> --

but I've never been hit in the eye with smoke poop

rifleman 12-16-2003 01:51 PM

Re: Outlook Express

In article <brn10f$505je$1@ID-34582.news.uni-berlin.de>, olfart65
@excite.com says...

|"The Old Sourdough" <dontcallme@illcall.you> wrote in message
|news:Xns945353978469Bcx25Yti54oP@216.196.97.132.. .
|> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:02:47 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
|boggled
|> at the following statement by olfart in message
|> 34582.news.uni-berlin.de
|>

|> Carrier pigeons are more secure than smoke signals.. :-)
|>
|> --
|but I've never been hit in the eye with smoke poop

but smoke-signal pie isn't very nice!

J R Arthur 12-16-2003 06:51 PM

Re: Outlook Express

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:30:27 -0600, TRISHA MCEVILLY wrote:

> I have been unable to recieve any email I am able to send mail can anyone
> help?

If you are using Norton. Shutdown the virus scanner for email. Reboot your
system and then restart Norton virus scan. Norton sometimes 'locks' on
virus scan. Your email is there it is just not getting through.