Velocity Reviews

-   -   master slave (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t187966-master-slave.html)

mark 12-13-2003 05:41 PM

master slave

hi can any one help with a prob.
my rewriter starts spinning when I click on any programme I wish to use.
computer wont shut down properly plus numerous other problems.
I disconnected my rewriter was fine ,connected back up same problem.
is there a answer or do you think I need a new rewriter.
all help would be great.
cheers hax

Budweiser 12-13-2003 09:33 PM

Re: master slave

it appears from what you say that you have two masters on the same
cable---not good news
assuming you have the following---hard drive (c) /cd drive / re writer drive
the preferential setup would be(but not the only)
ide1---hard drive (master)--cd (slave)
ide 2--rewriter drive (master)

having said that most new drives(rewriter) do not mind being slaves
look at the rear or your hard drive and cd player/writer--use the manuals
and set the jumpers to the correct config as above--
minimal advice but a good troubleshoot that should resolve your problem