Velocity Reviews

-   -   asrock motherboards (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t187958-asrock-motherboards.html)

jdn 12-13-2003 04:19 PM

asrock motherboards

I have purchased an Asrock K7S8X R3.0 motherboard
It states in the installation guide that a 3.3v AGP graphics card must not
be plugged into the AGP socket
I have a ATI Radeon 9500 card which I believe is a 3.3v card, does this mean
it is now unusable or are there ways to overcome this
I also have a Riva TNT2 M64 32Mb card but do not know if this would be
compatible
If neither are compatible any suggestions what would be
Please help
Thank you

IC 12-13-2003 05:22 PM

Re: asrock motherboards

jdn wrote:
> I have purchased an Asrock K7S8X R3.0 motherboard
> It states in the installation guide that a 3.3v AGP graphics card
> must not be plugged into the AGP socket
> I have a ATI Radeon 9500 card which I believe is a 3.3v card, does
> this mean it is now unusable or are there ways to overcome this
> I also have a Riva TNT2 M64 32Mb card but do not know if this would be
> compatible
> If neither are compatible any suggestions what would be
> Please help
> Thank you

The ATI Radeon 9500 is *not* a 3.3v card. It is AGP 4x/8x capable,
which is 1.5v

IC 12-13-2003 05:26 PM

Re: asrock motherboards

IC wrote:
> jdn wrote:
>> I have purchased an Asrock K7S8X R3.0 motherboard
>> It states in the installation guide that a 3.3v AGP graphics card
>> must not be plugged into the AGP socket
>> I have a ATI Radeon 9500 card which I believe is a 3.3v card, does
>> this mean it is now unusable or are there ways to overcome this
>> I also have a Riva TNT2 M64 32Mb card but do not know if this would
>> be compatible
>> If neither are compatible any suggestions what would be
>> Please help
>> Thank you

> The ATI Radeon 9500 is *not* a 3.3v card. It is AGP 4x/8x capable,
> which is 1.5v

Sorry. That's 1.5v/.8v (4x/8x).

JDN 12-14-2003 08:41 PM

Re: asrock motherboards