Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f33-computer-support.html)
-   -   Moving files and folders (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t187904-moving-files-and-folders.html)

peiper 12-12-2003 10:07 PM

Moving files and folders
 
Hi

Can anyone help?
I am trying to move come folders and files to my other hard drive installed
on my pc.
Problem is it only puts a shortcut where I want.
As my main drive is nearly full it is a pain.

Thanks in advance.



Mike 12-12-2003 10:12 PM

Re: Moving files and folders
 
How are you moving them?


On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:07:25 -0000, in
<brde9c$3qt$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk>
peiper scrawled:

>Hi
>
>Can anyone help?
>I am trying to move come folders and files to my other hard
>drive installed on my pc.
>Problem is it only puts a shortcut where I want.
>As my main drive is nearly full it is a pain.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

Brian H 12-12-2003 10:17 PM

Re: Moving files and folders
 
peiper said:

> Hi
>
> Can anyone help?
> I am trying to move come folders and files to my other hard drive installed
> on my pc.
> Problem is it only puts a shortcut where I want.
> As my main drive is nearly full it is a pain.
>
> Thanks in advance.


Drap them with a right click instead of a left click.
Or use cut/copy



Brian H 12-12-2003 10:18 PM

Re: Moving files and folders
 
Brian H said:

> peiper said:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Can anyone help?
>> I am trying to move come folders and files to my other hard drive installed
>> on my pc.
>> Problem is it only puts a shortcut where I want.
>> As my main drive is nearly full it is a pain.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

>
> Drap them with a right click instead of a left click.
> Or use cut/copy


Er...cut/paste



peiper 12-12-2003 10:19 PM

Re: Moving files and folders
 
Thanks Mike & Brian problem solved.More room at last.

Thanks again
"Brian H" <brian@invalid.absey-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
news:N8rCb.2089$526.13728@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net...
> Brian H said:
>
> > peiper said:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Can anyone help?
> >> I am trying to move come folders and files to my other hard drive

installed
> >> on my pc.
> >> Problem is it only puts a shortcut where I want.
> >> As my main drive is nearly full it is a pain.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance.

> >
> > Drap them with a right click instead of a left click.
> > Or use cut/copy

>
> Er...cut/paste
>
>




Brian H 12-12-2003 10:33 PM

Re: Moving files and folders
 
peiper said:

> Thanks Mike & Brian problem solved.More room at last.


You're welcome.

>
> Thanks again
> "Brian H" <brian@invalid.absey-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> news:N8rCb.2089$526.13728@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net...
>> Brian H said:
>>
>>> peiper said:
>>>
>>>> Hi
>>>>
>>>> Can anyone help?
>>>> I am trying to move come folders and files to my other hard drive installed
>>>> on my pc.
>>>> Problem is it only puts a shortcut where I want.
>>>> As my main drive is nearly full it is a pain.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Drap them with a right click instead of a left click.
>>> Or use cut/copy

>>
>> Er...cut/paste






All times are GMT. The time now is 10:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.