Velocity Reviews

-   -   Network Card (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t187226-network-card.html)

Bhoona 12-04-2003 09:16 PM

Network Card

Hi,

I am running win XP on a laptop. I connect through a Draytek 2300 router to
a cable modem.
Occasionally the NIC does not pick up an IP from the router. It appears as
0.0.0.0
If I repair the conection. It fails.
If I connect direct to the CM again 0.0.0.0
Reboots don't work either.
Ping fails too

So I decided to disable the DHCP server on the router an assign an IP.
This time, when I am unable to retriev mail or view the web, I can still
ping IPs and also www.

The only way to regain a connection, I need to uninstall the drivers, then
re-install them, and reboot.
This sometimes also needs to be done once or twice.

I know the CM is issuing an IP and I also know the router is.
I am 99.9% sure its the NIC at fault.

Any ideas what to do to sort it??
Thanks in advance,

Bhoona

Use.Netuser.de 12-04-2003 09:36 PM

Re: Network Card

"Bhoona" <no_spam@no-spam.com> wrote
<snip>
: I am 99.9% sure its the NIC at fault.

Change the NIC??

Bhoona 12-04-2003 10:44 PM

Re: Network Card

Its an onboard one.
I was hoping I didn't have to send the PC back. Last time it was away for 2
weeks :(

DataSpider 12-04-2003 11:36 PM

Re: Network Card

Whow, about "start, run, ipconfig /renew" Try again.

pcbutts1 12-05-2003 01:47 AM

Re: Network Card

Just buy another nic and install it.

Use.Netuser.de 12-05-2003 01:29 PM