Velocity Reviews

-   -   Yahoo Account and Password (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t187183-yahoo-account-and-password.html)

Edward Hyde 12-04-2003 03:19 AM

Yahoo Account and Password

My Yahoo account seems to have been recently hacked into and the password
changed. I've had the account since 1999 and can't remember the dob I gave
Yahoo when I opened it and that info is not listed on my profile nor on the
registration e-mail they sent me. Any suggestions as to how I can get back
into my account?

--
Edward.

Phil 12-04-2003 09:44 AM

Re: Yahoo Account and Password

"Edward Hyde" <edward@eh9999.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> My Yahoo account seems to have been recently hacked into and the password
> changed. I've had the account since 1999 and can't remember the dob I

gave
> Yahoo when I opened it and that info is not listed on my profile nor on

the
> registration e-mail they sent me. Any suggestions as to how I can get

back
> into my account?
>
> --
> Edward.

You can't remember the dob you gave! - "Your" Date of Birth would have been
a good choice..........

Rosco 12-04-2003 11:20 AM

Phil wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> "Edward Hyde" <edward@eh9999.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> My Yahoo account seems to have been recently hacked into and the
>> password changed. I've had the account since 1999 and can't
>> remember the dob I

> gave
>> Yahoo when I opened it and that info is not listed on my profile
>> nor on

> the
>> registration e-mail they sent me. Any suggestions as to how I
>> can get

> back
>> into my account?
>>
>> --
>> Edward.
>>

> You can't remember the dob you gave! - "Your" Date of Birth would
> have been a good choice..........

from experience helping a friend try to regain control of his account
after his ex hacked it, if you do not have the proper information
that was provided when you first set up the account or the current
secret question, then yahoo will not grant access to the acount.

SwaY-RideR 12-04-2003 12:41 PM

Re: Yahoo Account and Password

The same happened to my account that I had since 1998
using some phoney address & date of birth.
I called Yahoo they asked me the DOB which was OK but the address that I can
remember was either Afghanistan OR Zimbabwe :)
But they did not gave me secound chance to guess ;)
So I lost my oldie Yahoo account.
So try to remeber your address and DOB they you got it back!!!

Alasdair Baxter 12-04-2003 07:52 PM

Re: Yahoo Account and Password

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:41:07 -0000, "SwaY-RideR" <aksdjf0ds@dfdsa.com>
wrote:

>The same happened to my account that I had since 1998
>using some phoney address & date of birth.
>I called Yahoo they asked me the DOB which was OK but the address that I can
>remember was either Afghanistan OR Zimbabwe :)
>But they did not gave me secound chance to guess ;)
>So I lost my oldie Yahoo account.
>So try to remeber your address and DOB they you got it back!!!

Surely the OP (if he is in the UK) could make a formal Subject Access
Request for his personal data held by Yahoo! under Section 7(1) of the
Data Protection Act 1998. He could then use the personal data to get
a new password.
--

Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

"It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

M Mullen 12-05-2003 03:13 AM

Re: Yahoo Account and Password

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 03:19:54 -0000, "Edward Hyde" <edward@eh9999.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

|> My Yahoo account seems to have been recently hacked into and the password
|> changed. I've had the account since 1999 and can't remember the dob I gave
|> Yahoo when I opened it and that info is not listed on my profile nor on the
|> registration e-mail they sent me. Any suggestions as to how I can get back
|> into my account?

Sounds like you lost it.

Try to hack back into it.

I assume whoever hacked into it, knows you.

This person would want you to know some message, if you ever got back in.

I'd start with a password of ****you in different variations

It's basic hacking.

--

o/ o__ / __ __ \ | o/
__| \/ \__o /\o |o /\ __| o\ / |__

O/Siris 12-05-2003 07:24 AM

Alasdair Baxter wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:41:07 -0000, "SwaY-RideR" <aksdjf0ds@dfdsa.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The same happened to my account that I had since 1998
>> using some phoney address & date of birth.
>> I called Yahoo they asked me the DOB which was OK but the address
>> that I can remember was either Afghanistan OR Zimbabwe :)
>> But they did not gave me secound chance to guess ;)
>> So I lost my oldie Yahoo account.
>> So try to remeber your address and DOB they you got it back!!!

> Surely the OP (if he is in the UK) could make a formal Subject Access
> Request for his personal data held by Yahoo! under Section 7(1) of the
> Data Protection Act 1998. He could then use the personal data to get
> a new password.

Wouldn't Yahoo! deny the request if the OP had used false information? "We
don't have anyone on file who matches that description..."

Laurent 12-15-2003 08:45 PM

Re: Yahoo Account and Password

Hi, i'm currently experiencing the same issue...
i've already had around 8 emails with Yahoo support without any
success !
i'll update you if by any chance i find a way to get it back but i
really begin to think about creating a new one...

ciao,
Laurent.

Phil 12-16-2003 12:44 AM

Re: Yahoo Account and Password

Once again I must ask " why didn't you provide your correct date of birth"?

news:569c093f.0312151245.ca5abfd@posting.google.co m...

Alexander Rogge 12-18-2003 12:35 AM

Re: Yahoo Account and Password

> Once again I must ask " why didn't you provide your correct date of birth"?

If other people have that information, it is easy to get into an account
that is supposed to be secured with this "secret" information. It's
funny that passwords for such accounts have to be a certain length and
can't be the same as the user name, but providing basic personal
information, which is available to some privacy-violating spammers now,
disables that password.