Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can not see Folders? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t187056-can-not-see-folders.html)

SwaY-RideR 12-02-2003 08:47 PM

Can not see Folders?

Hi
In windows explorer when i click on VIEW/ExplorerBar/Folders
I get only a grayed windows instead of folders on the leaft side.
I have checked the web but no sol.
do you know whay it happend and how to repair it?
windows98SE
IE6
thanks

°Mike° 12-02-2003 09:04 PM

Re: Can not see Folders?

All Folders Pane Missing or Windows Explorer Is Blank

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 20:47:22 -0000, in
<pY6zb.480$sx6.3163@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net>
SwaY-RideR scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

SwaY-RideR 12-02-2003 09:57 PM

Re: Can not see Folders?

no luck

:(

°Mike° 12-02-2003 10:23 PM

Re: Can not see Folders?

Boot into DOS (hold the CTRL key at startup, and from the
menu, choose 'Command Prompt Only'). At the DOS prompt,
type:

scanreg /restore

Choose a registry restore date prior to this problem.

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 21:57:24 -0000, in
<4_7zb.521$Dh5.273@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net>
SwaY-RideR scrawled:

SwaY-RideR 12-03-2003 12:25 PM

Re: Can not see Folders?

restoring registry failed!!!
the recent big file I installed was ie6[BTYahoo CD] & ie6 SP1 updated (from
windows update) do you thing it something with ie6????

°Mike° 12-03-2003 05:44 PM

Re: Can not see Folders?

I have no knowledge of BTYahoo. Have you tried uninstalling
it and the service pack?

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 12:25:16 -0000, in
<IHkzb.899$Dh5.37@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net>
SwaY-RideR scrawled:

SwaY-RideR 12-03-2003 07:31 PM

Re: Can not see Folders?

thanks look like it sorted it self.
I have uninstalled SP1 update and it now back to work again.
Let see how long it stay normal, untill I update it again.

°Mike° 12-03-2003 09:41 PM

Re: Can not see Folders?

Well, it didn't sort itself, if uninstalling it was the cure. Try
visiting Windows Update again, see if you can update without
the problems, this time.

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:31:08 -0000,
in message <YWqzb.1159$Dh5.433@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net>,
"SwaY-RideR" <aksdjf0ds@dfdsa.com> scrawled:

>thanks look like it sorted it self.
>I have uninstalled SP1 update and it now back to work again.
>Let see how long it stay normal, untill I update it again.
>

>"°Mike°" <ZHNTPDWBLECA@fcnzzbgry.pbz> wrote in message
>> I have no knowledge of BTYahoo. Have you tried uninstalling
>> it and the service pack?

<snip>

--
Basic Computer Maintenance