Velocity Reviews

-   -   dust.exe (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t186916-dust-exe.html)

jonbenken 12-01-2003 03:30 AM

dust.exe

i keep finding dust.exe process running and all .exe's in 'my shared folder'
suddenly become much bigger.........they will no longer run and when scanned
with avg have no virus deteched
....does anyone know of this virus?

Boomer 12-01-2003 03:41 AM

Re: dust.exe

"jonbenken" <jonbenken@cogeco.ca.if.you.spam.me.you.suck.rocks >
wrote in news:cKyyb.1158$Oe.111962@read1.cgocable.net:

> i keep finding dust.exe process running and all .exe's in 'my
> shared folder' suddenly become much bigger.........they will no
> longer run and when scanned with avg have no virus deteched
> ...does anyone know of this virus?

Look for the messages, in this group:
Subject: CURE FOR VIRUS

bb3 12-01-2003 12:16 PM

Re: dust.exe

"jonbenken" <jonbenken@cogeco.ca.if.you.spam.me.you.suck.rocks > wrote in
message news:cKyyb.1158$Oe.111962@read1.cgocable.net...
> i keep finding dust.exe process running and all .exe's in 'my shared

folder'
> suddenly become much bigger.........they will no longer run and when

scanned
> with avg have no virus deteched
> ...does anyone know of this virus?

It appears to be the W32/Duster virus spread through Kazaa...
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100841.htm