Velocity Reviews

-   -   DVD Burner problems (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t186859-dvd-burner-problems.html)

DeSoto Driver 11-30-2003 04:41 PM

DVD Burner problems

Just purchased a Picific Digital dual format DVD/CD burner. It copys &
burns cd's with no problem,but while testing it out trying to copy a DVD
from my DVD player it says its copy protected & stops there. So I tried to
just use the burner & copy to hard drive first & everything started going
well up until it said to insert blank disk. I then get message that there
is not enough space on disk to copy to & to insert a larger cap. disk. After
checking it out a little more my computer shows that the DVD that I want to
copy is 7.31GB and it only shows my blank disk as 1.99GB but the blank is
labeled as 4.7GB. I didnt know that DVD's had the capacity for 7.31GB or why
is my system reading the size's wrong? System is Compaq Presaio 5000T series
20G HD,256 mem,P3 566,running Win98se & useing Nero burning software. Hope
someone has ideas on this.

JIM 11-30-2003 07:13 PM

Re: DVD Burner problems

Original DVD's vary in size and can go up to about 9GByte
DVD writable media - and + are of a standard size 4.7Gbyte
You need to use a program like DVD decryptor to rip and remove
the encryption. Then a program like DVD2ONE to convert and break the
movie down to 4.3 GIG ready to burn
WWW.VCDHELP.COM
try here you will find this site quite helpful

MT 12-01-2003 04:55 AM

Re: DVD Burner problems

http://www.dvdshrink.org/
The above will decrypt, compress & even allow you to re-author the DVD
content to a more simple menu version.
Use Nero, Roxio or another DVD burning software & check the company website
for latest updates/ software patches.