Velocity Reviews

-   -   Reinstall Outlook Express without losing folders? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t186837-reinstall-outlook-express-without-losing-folders.html)

Dribbler 11-30-2003 10:37 AM

Reinstall Outlook Express without losing folders?

I am not that good with computers, so forgive me if this is a daft
question....

I want to uninstall OE and reinstall it as it has slowed down drastically. I
have around 1500 emails in folders and want to keep them - will they
reappear upon reinstall?
Is there a way of moving them to another part of the computer without saving
each one seperately?
Thank you,

Dribbler

---

Win 11-30-2003 11:43 AM

Re: Reinstall Outlook Express without losing folders?

Reinstalling OE will not fix your problem.
Sorry
You see the more emails you have the more info OE has to open
find the files *.dbx
they are all you data in IE
It is this data that is slowing down OE
So what do you want to do with your data

°Mike° 11-30-2003 02:57 PM

Re: Reinstall Outlook Express without losing folders?

Complete Clone Backup
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/clone.htm

OLEXP How to Backup and Restore Outlook Express Blocked
Senders List and Other Mail Rules

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:37:40 -0000, in
<uKjyb.804$i71.138903@newsfep1-win.server.ntli.net>
Dribbler scrawled:

>I am not that good with computers, so forgive me if this is a daft
>question....
>
>I want to uninstall OE and reinstall it as it has slowed down drastically. I
>have around 1500 emails in folders and want to keep them - will they
>reappear upon reinstall?
>Is there a way of moving them to another part of the computer without saving
>each one seperately?
>Thank you,
>
>Dribbler
>

>---

Basic computer maintenance

Mr. Smiley 11-30-2003 04:52 PM

Dribbler wrote:
> I am not that good with computers, so forgive me if this is a daft
> question....
>
> I want to uninstall OE and reinstall it as it has slowed down
> drastically. I have around 1500 emails in folders and want to keep
> them - will they reappear upon reinstall?
> Is there a way of moving them to another part of the computer without
> saving each one seperately?
> Thank you,
>
> Dribbler
>

> ---

1. Look in OE - Help - Managing Large Numbers - Increasing your disk space.

2. http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm

I couldn't find the info in MS KB.
--
the abominable toner
toner27@REMOVETHIShal-pc.org

Eileen Chute 11-30-2003 06:50 PM

Sending and receiving emails

Can someone please help me with my emails?

I cannot send or receive any!

Thank you

Eileen

rifleman 11-30-2003 07:00 PM

Re: Sending and receiving emails

"Eileen Chute" <eileen.chute@********.com> wrote in message

> Can someone please help me with my emails?
>
> I cannot send or receive any!
>
> Thank you
>
> Eileen

Has this just happened or has it been always like this?

BTW, do NOT post to newsgroups with your real email address. You will just
get LOADS of spam.

read these:

http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm

Mitch 11-30-2003 07:53 PM

Re: Sending and receiving emails

In article <bqde5a$5th$1@sparta.btinternet.com>, Eileen Chute
<eileen.chute@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Can someone please help me with my emails?
>
> I cannot send or receive any!

Do you get an error message? What is it?

If you just recently set it up or changed it, then you probably just
didn't enter the account information correctly.
If the account, address or password was incorrect, then you wouldn't
have been allowed access.
If the server names were correct, then your software didn't know what
to do with the messages.