Velocity Reviews

-   -   Missing Emails (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t186800-missing-emails.html)

Norman 11-29-2003 07:53 PM

Missing Emails

I have been having a problem with my email for the past week now. Many
emails I have been expecting and I know for a fact have been sent to me have
simply vanished. I use 3 different email addys , all sent email goes through
my ISP's smtp server (ntl in the UK). For email received, my main account
comes from ntl's pop3 server. the second 1 is through another ISP pop3 and
the last from my domain host pop3 server.

I have no message rules set up and no reason why I should not be receiving
mail. Anytime I send a test email to these addresses it is fine.

Any advise would be greatfully received.

regards
Norman

---

°Mike° 11-29-2003 08:02 PM

Re: Missing Emails

Check with the senders that they have your correct address,
and that they are typing it in correctly.

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:53:30 -0000, in
<bqatfs$20agth$1@ID-29843.news.uni-berlin.de>
Norman scrawled:

>I have been having a problem with my email for the past week now. Many
>emails I have been expecting and I know for a fact have been sent to me have
>simply vanished. I use 3 different email addys , all sent email goes through
>my ISP's smtp server (ntl in the UK). For email received, my main account
>comes from ntl's pop3 server. the second 1 is through another ISP pop3 and
>the last from my domain host pop3 server.
>
>I have no message rules set up and no reason why I should not be receiving
>mail. Anytime I send a test email to these addresses it is fine.
>
>Any advise would be greatfully received.
>
>regards
>Norman
>

>---

Basic computer maintenance

Norman 11-29-2003 08:08 PM

Re: Missing Emails

"°Mike°" <ZHNTPDWBLECA@fcnzzbgry.pbz> wrote in message
> Check with the senders that they have your correct address,
> and that they are typing it in correctly.

Yep, I can assure you that everything is in order, I have received numerous
emails from most of the senders in the past and others that have gone
missing would merely be replying to my mail.

Norman

°Mike° 11-29-2003 08:12 PM

Re: Missing Emails

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:08:25 -0000, in
<bqaubq$203lcu$1@ID-29843.news.uni-berlin.de>
Norman scrawled:

>"°Mike°" <ZHNTPDWBLECA@fcnzzbgry.pbz> wrote in message
>> Check with the senders that they have your correct address,
>> and that they are typing it in correctly.

>Yep, I can assure you that everything is in order, I have received numerous
>emails from most of the senders in the past and others that have gone
>missing would merely be replying to my mail.
>
>Norman

Then contact your ISP, and ask the senders to do the same.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Norman 11-29-2003 08:22 PM

Re: Missing Emails

"Norman" <blah@blahblahblah.net> wrote in message

> "°Mike°" <ZHNTPDWBLECA@fcnzzbgry.pbz> wrote in message
> > Check with the senders that they have your correct address,
> > and that they are typing it in correctly.

> Yep, I can assure you that everything is in order, I have received

numerous
> emails from most of the senders in the past and others that have gone
> missing would merely be replying to my mail.
>
> Norman

Actually, the fact that the pop3 is being received by 3 different servers
for my 3 accounts , would this perhaps mean that it isn't the isp's problem?

Norman

°Mike° 11-29-2003 08:26 PM

Re: Missing Emails

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:22:42 -0000, in
<bqav6j$201drg$1@ID-29843.news.uni-berlin.de>
Norman scrawled:

>"Norman" <blah@blahblahblah.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "°Mike°" <ZHNTPDWBLECA@fcnzzbgry.pbz> wrote in message
>> > Check with the senders that they have your correct address,
>> > and that they are typing it in correctly.

>> Yep, I can assure you that everything is in order, I have received

>numerous
>> emails from most of the senders in the past and others that have gone
>> missing would merely be replying to my mail.
>>
>> Norman
>>

>Actually, the fact that the pop3 is being received by 3 different servers
>for my 3 accounts , would this perhaps mean that it isn't the isp's problem?
>
>Norman

Why would it? I have numerous accounts, all with different
servers; I can receive POP mail through any one ISP.

To check whether O.E. is, or isn't, part of the equation, try
checking your mail with Magic Mail Monitor:
http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/

--
Basic computer maintenance

Barry 11-29-2003 11:02 PM

Re: Missing Emails

I read somewhere during the last week that the Atlantic (I think) cable is
faulty and added to the cable elsewhere (in the Pacific) that has not yet
been repaired by the Americans, this has caused traffic to be reduced
considerably. If only one cable was down the traffic would be re-routed but
with two it's more of a problem.

HTH

Barry

Juan Pérez 11-30-2003 05:29 AM

Re: Missing Emails

Wrong....it's the Canadians who refuse to don their wet suits and diving
gear and go down into the atlantic and fix the International Cable.
First thing you know they'll try to foist sattellite reception off onto
the unwary users.:-O

Norman 11-30-2003 11:08 AM

Re: Missing Emails

"Barry" <bernard.verona@(Unwanted)cgocable.ca> wrote in message
> I read somewhere during the last week that the Atlantic (I think) cable is
> faulty and added to the cable elsewhere (in the Pacific) that has not yet
> been repaired by the Americans, this has caused traffic to be reduced
> considerably. If only one cable was down the traffic would be re-routed

but
> with two it's more of a problem.
>
> HTH
>
> Barry

Thanks for the replies, I guess I will have to call my ISP's (extremely
expensive!!) helpline. If it helps anyone put their finger on the problem
sone mails during the early part of last wek was also being delayed by over
12 hours.......but at least I received that!!

Norman

nemo 12-01-2003 09:42 PM

Re: Missing Emails

Norman,

What happens if you send an email to yourself.

Regards

nemo