Velocity Reviews

-   -   WINXP Blue screen issue (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t186243-winxp-blue-screen-issue.html)

JIM 11-22-2003 01:06 PM

WINXP Blue screen issue

Can anyone help please.

(Pc is a Athlon 1-Gig / Mobo MSI / OS Win XP home.
I have the latest windows updates S-packs etc and have no virus's)

The problem happens intermittently after plugging in my usb devices
Printer and camera. It will be ok for about an hour or so and then suddenly
The BSOD will appear - giving me the hard to diagnose message
(IRQ_is not Less than or equal to) with a long memory report.
The pc used to reeboot upon this error, but since disabling reeboots
in the system failure option in xp it just blue-screens.
I have tried the camera and printer on a different machine and it's fine.

Any ideas please.

°Mike° 11-22-2003 01:36 PM

Re: WINXP Blue screen issue

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V21F32C96

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:06:49 -0000, in
<bpnn1e$ds7$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk>
JIM scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Jimmy Dean 11-23-2003 01:38 AM

Re: WINXP Blue screen issue

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:06:49 -0000, "JIM" <JIM@TIME.COM> wrote:

>Can anyone help please.
>
>(Pc is a Athlon 1-Gig / Mobo MSI / OS Win XP home.
>I have the latest windows updates S-packs etc and have no virus's)
>
>The problem happens intermittently after plugging in my usb devices
>Printer and camera. It will be ok for about an hour or so and then suddenly
>The BSOD will appear - giving me the hard to diagnose message
>(IRQ_is not Less than or equal to) with a long memory report.
>The pc used to reeboot upon this error, but since disabling reeboots
>in the system failure option in xp it just blue-screens.
>I have tried the camera and printer on a different machine and it's fine.
>
>Any ideas please.

Stable 1 hr then BSOD... hmmm could be hard to locate prob.

Could be some sort of incompatibility of USB device drivers and your
mobo (??)

Could be a CPU temperature thing. CPU fan OK - not clogged with dust?

Possible RAM problem(??) If you have two RAM sticks, are they
identical and bought at the same time? Get MemTest86 v3 from
http://www.memtest86.com/ and run it on your PC for at least a few
passes (standard tests) - see if any errors.

good luck

jd

JIM 11-23-2003 10:30 AM

Re: WINXP Blue screen issue

Thanks for the advice, greatfully appreciated.
will let you know when i've cracked it