Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f33-computer-support.html)
-   -   Trojan DLUCA.F removal (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t185981-trojan-dluca-f-removal.html)

Ian 11-19-2003 01:06 AM

Trojan DLUCA.F removal
 
Have just discovered I have above mentioned trojan in WIN32info.exe file.

How do I get rid of it?

In laymans terms please.

TIA

°Mike° 11-19-2003 01:19 AM

Re: Trojan DLUCA.F removal
 
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...e=TROJ_DLUCA.F

Short link, if the above link wraps:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q1E422496


On 18 Nov 2003 17:06:28 -0800, in
<205b8282.0311181706.634dccfd@posting.google.com >
Ian scrawled:

>Have just discovered I have above mentioned trojan in WIN32info.exe file.
>
>How do I get rid of it?
>
>In laymans terms please.
>
>TIA


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

SgtMinor 11-19-2003 01:26 AM

Re: Trojan DLUCA.F removal
 
Ian wrote:
>
> Have just discovered I have above mentioned trojan in WIN32info.exe file.
>
> How do I get rid of it?
>
> In laymans terms please.
>
> TIA



How did you *discover* this?

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/appdlucab.html

Ian 11-19-2003 05:20 PM

Re: Trojan DLUCA.F removal
 
> How did you *discover* this?


Was searching through ng's for info on the SWEN problem when I came
across a site called:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

So I ran this free virus check, however it wasn't able to delete or
access file as it said it was in use!

I have an anti virus program (Norton AntiVirus 2003 Pro)and am sure
it is up to date, however after discovering the trojan with Housecall,
I ran Norton AV and it never picked it up!!

SgtMinor 11-19-2003 05:59 PM

Re: Trojan DLUCA.F removal
 
If you weren't able to get rid of it using the steps suggested by
Sophos, here's some more info about Swen and more links to AV sites with
removal instructions:
http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/4520-6600_16-5078666.html

Ian wrote:
>
> > How did you *discover* this?

>
> Was searching through ng's for info on the SWEN problem when I came
> across a site called:
>
> http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
>
> So I ran this free virus check, however it wasn't able to delete or
> access file as it said it was in use!
>
> I have an anti virus program (Norton AntiVirus 2003 Pro)and am sure
> it is up to date, however after discovering the trojan with Housecall,
> I ran Norton AV and it never picked it up!!


Ian 11-19-2003 11:32 PM

Re: Trojan DLUCA.F removal
 
I checked this site out for the SWEN issue

> http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/4520-6600_16-5078666.html


and found it advised downloading a patch MS01-020, however, I noticed
there was a patch MS01-027 which superceded previous, so I went to
download that and found I had to be running IE5.5, I have IE6, so
guess either that wouldn't work or Microsoft had inbuilt this into
IE6.

Anyway, back to the trojan issue. I researched a bit more and found
some advice to remove WIN32 by going to ADD/Remove programs, which I
did and ran the virus check again at

> > http://housecall.trendmicro.com/


and found it had been successfully removed, apparently with no ill
effects so far!!

Thanks for all advice given.

SgtMinor 11-19-2003 11:52 PM

Re: Trojan DLUCA.F removal
 
Ian wrote:
>
> I checked this site out for the SWEN issue
>
> > http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/4520-6600_16-5078666.html

>
> and found it advised downloading a patch MS01-020, however, I noticed
> there was a patch MS01-027 which superceded previous, so I went to
> download that and found I had to be running IE5.5, I have IE6, so
> guess either that wouldn't work or Microsoft had inbuilt this into
> IE6.
>
> Anyway, back to the trojan issue. I researched a bit more and found
> some advice to remove WIN32 by going to ADD/Remove programs, which I
> did and ran the virus check again at
>
> > > http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

>
> and found it had been successfully removed, apparently with no ill
> effects so far!!
>
> Thanks for all advice given.


That's good to hear. And you're welcome.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.