Velocity Reviews

-   -   BIOS Settings, help please? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t185217-bios-settings-help-please.html)

Trent C 11-10-2003 02:04 PM

Re: BIOS Settings, help please?

> I have a problem burning onto a particular CDR and Nero suggests changing
my
> SCSI Bios Settings. I understand the correct Key to use at bootup is

shown
> next to bios info at startup. Mine says F3, but I have tried it and it

does
> not work! I have also tried F1 & F10 with same result, PC starts

normally.
> Any ideas? Thanks.

Try the Del key

Harrison 11-10-2003 02:06 PM

Re: BIOS Settings, help please?

Try Del, Esc, and F2 as well.
Post your motherboard make and model.

Kris OKelly 11-10-2003 02:22 PM

Re: BIOS Settings, help please?

To: "Caroline" <CarolineX@nospamblueyonder.co.uk>
Re: Re: BIOS Settings, help please?
By: "Caroline" <CarolineX@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> to 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Mon Nov 10 2003 03:44 pm

> From Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
>
> And if I can't find manual? :(

tech support <G>
-------------------------------------
Kris O'Kelly - Administrator
Simsbury Online BBS
Internet: kris.okelly@simsbury.cjb.net
Fidonet: Kris O'Kelly@1:261/1396
Simsbury.cjb.net (BBS Telnet Access)
http://simsbury.cjb.net (Webpage)
--- Synchronet 3.10L-Win32 NewsLink 1.65
* Simsbury Online - Charleston, WV - telnet://simsbury.synchro.net

Emrys Davies 11-10-2003 02:54 PM

Re: BIOS Settings, help please?

'Caroline',

It will be on your motherboard manual.

For instance, mine is an ASUS PEB-F Jumper Free ATX Motherboard.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"Caroline" <CarolineX@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Thanks Trent, the DEL key worked!
> Unfortunately, the info I wanted was not there!
>
> Nero suggests "press Ctrl A during bootup to enter the SCSI Select

Utility"
> (CTRL A did not work) and there was no SCSI Select Utility anywhere in

the
> setup page I got when pressing DEL key at bootup.
>
> Does anyone know how to access the SCSI SU? and, sorry to be a pain,

but
> where can I find out make and model of the motherboard on my PC?
> PC model is Pionex P3 and I am running Win98se. Intel 810e? Is this

it?

Caroline 11-10-2003 03:01 PM

Trent C 11-10-2003 03:27 PM

Re: BIOS Settings, help please?

If you know the make and model number of the motherboard, the manual can
almost always be downloaded from the manufacturer's website in pdf format.

Emrys Davies 11-10-2003 03:39 PM

Re: BIOS Settings, help please?

'Caroline',

Download http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html ,which is free, to
your desktop and it will give you the details which you require. Look
under 'Main Circuit Board'.

Caroline 11-10-2003 03:44 PM

why? 11-10-2003 05:12 PM

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:01:49 -0000, Caroline wrote:

>Thanks Trent, the DEL key worked!
>Unfortunately, the info I wanted was not there!
>
>Nero suggests "press Ctrl A during bootup to enter the SCSI Select Utility"
>(CTRL A did not work) and there was no SCSI Select Utility anywhere in the

That message is quite common for Adaptec SCSI adapters. Even if the line
displaying the message is disabled in the SCSI setup, CTRL-A still
works.

One question is it really a SCSI CDR you are using? The Nero manual may
simply be guiding you to this as an answer but SCSI for home use is
still fairly rare. What make model of CDR device?

Anyway, during boot up you normally see the BIOS screen listing the
drives, floppy, memory etc. After that adapters like SCSI cards / other
disk devices like Serial ATA/RAID devices built in the motherboard are
detected.

For a common brand like Adaptec there are some lines listing detected
devices, (couldn't find an electronic copy to paste from) like -

Adaptec <banner >...
SCSI BIOS version , dates etc.

device 1 address name make/model
device 2 address name make/model
device 3 address name make/model

Even if you don't see the press CTRL-A message it still works after the
banner is displayed. Best to maybe try CTRL-A 3 or 4 times quickly . Of
course if you don't even see any device lines then, see the questions
others asked about determining the motherboard info.

Another option, if you do see an Adaptec or other brand like Iwill and a
list of SCSI devices check the manufacturers site for a utility
diskette.

>setup page I got when pressing DEL key at bootup.
>
>Does anyone know how to access the SCSI SU? and, sorry to be a pain, but
>where can I find out make and model of the motherboard on my PC?
>PC model is Pionex P3 and I am running Win98se. Intel 810e? Is this it?
>Thanks :)
>
>"Harrison" <nothanksonthespam@gainpro.com> wrote in message
>news:1q6vqvcllbppbv9opagvgfrvlpururjs80@4ax.com.. .
>> Try Del, Esc, and F2 as well.
>> Post your motherboard make and model.
>>
>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:20:24 -0000, "Caroline"
>> <CarolineX@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi all
>> >I have a problem burning onto a particular CDR and Nero suggests changing

>my
>> >SCSI Bios Settings. I understand the correct Key to use at bootup is

>shown
>> >next to bios info at startup. Mine says F3, but I have tried it and it

<snip>

Me