Velocity Reviews

-   -   XP - irritating change on startup and shutdown (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t184768-xp-irritating-change-on-startup-and-shutdown.html)

Caaagh 11-04-2003 11:00 PM

XP - irritating change on startup and shutdown

Hi
I found a while ago that I suddenly had a flash screen when I booted up
which tried to get me to put in a password, and on shutdown instead of the
XP buttons I had the old-style drop-down menu.

I have tried to put back the previous settings, using User Accounts in
Control Panel, but can't figure out what I need to do.

I didn't ask it to change, and preferred the more straight-forward start
up/shut down. Can anybody tell me what I need to do, and why it's suddenly
altered??

Thanks
Sheila

Harrison 11-04-2003 11:26 PM

Re: XP - irritating change on startup and shutdown

See if this looks like it would help.
http://www.petri.co.il/disable_fast_...hing_in_xp.htm

Caaagh 11-05-2003 12:22 AM

Re: XP - irritating change on startup and shutdown

That's it! It's back to where I wanted it.
Thanks for your help Harrison
Rgds
Sheila