Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can any suggest a good internet audio recorder? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t184623-can-any-suggest-a-good-internet-audio-recorder.html)

JMI 11-03-2003 05:23 AM

Can any suggest a good internet audio recorder?

Hello,

Can any suggest a good internet audio recorder? I'm looking for a freeware
(preferably) program that records audio AND pauses recording whenever there
is internet congestion and picks up again once the audio has restarted.

I bought Total Recorder's latest version, but I haven't been able to get
that feature to work on my system.

Thanks,

Jeff

Petit Alexi 11-03-2003 03:07 PM

Re: Can any suggest a good internet audio recorder?

"JMI" <ingramje@wctel.net.nospam.com> wrote in

> Hello,
>
> Can any suggest a good internet audio recorder?

JetAudio seems good.

> I'm looking for a
> freeware (preferably) program that records audio AND pauses recording
> whenever there is internet congestion and picks up again once the
> audio has restarted.

Not usre about those bits.

Mike Richter 11-03-2003 06:45 PM

JMI wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can any suggest a good internet audio recorder? I'm looking for a freeware
> (preferably) program that records audio AND pauses recording whenever there
> is internet congestion and picks up again once the audio has restarted.
>
> I bought Total Recorder's latest version, but I haven't been able to get
> that feature to work on my system.

I have had no problem with TotalRecorder for the job - including cutting
out silences seamlessly. If you are having longer dropouts than it can
handle, increase your application's buffer. If you're having other
problems with it, please identify them.

Mike
--
mrichter@cpl.net
http://www.mrichter.com/

JMI 11-09-2003 06:44 AM

Re: Can any suggest a good internet audio recorder?

Simply Total Recorder doesn't pause at all when there's internet congestion.

I've been going back and forth with tech support and they haven't been able
to fix it yet. I've even downloaded the lastest version (4.3) and that
hasn't resolved the problem. A few years ago when I had first bought the
program it worked fine. Of course many variables have changed since, like
I'm using a completely different computer for one! It was two years ago when
I first bought Total Recorder.

Thanks,

Jeff