Velocity Reviews

-   -   PC clock runs slow (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t184586-pc-clock-runs-slow.html)

Phyloe 11-02-2003 08:49 PM

PC clock runs slow

I check the time with the Official U S Time clock. My PC runs slow for
some reason. Why is that? Is there something I can do?
Phyloe

dr_hardware 11-02-2003 09:00 PM

Re: PC clock runs slow

"Phyloe" <shlshllo@sctelcom.net> wrote in message
> I check the time with the Official U S Time clock. My PC runs slow for
> some reason. Why is that? Is there something I can do?
> Phyloe

Use the program on this page to update your time as often as you wish
(Atomic Clock Sync): http://www.worldtimeserver.com/

ilmc 11-02-2003 09:49 PM

Re: PC clock runs slow

Phyloe typed:
> I check the time with the Official U S Time clock. My PC runs slow
> for some reason. Why is that? Is there something I can do?
> Phyloe

PC clocks should be good to a few seconds per week But, if you turn your pc
off (and dependinig on your pc's age), if the battery on the mother board is
flat, the clock will slow down or even go compleatly haywire. Motherboard
batteries need to be replaced every 2 or 3 years.
Otherwise, do as others have suggested and get a clock sync program. I use
"Atomic Clock"

°Mike° 11-02-2003 11:30 PM

Re: PC clock runs slow

Is the clock losing time whilst the computer is running?
If so, you have something installed that is interfering
with the system clock - Norton products are a prime
candidate.

If it happens when the computer is powered off, you
need a new CMOS battery.

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 14:49:20 -0600, in
<bo3qki$17ftbk$1@ID-178367.news.uni-berlin.de>
Phyloe scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Jim Sutton 11-03-2003 12:42 AM

Re: PC clock runs slow

The clocks in computers are basically very poor in design or construction or
both. Get a program that will set your clock for you in a matter of 30
seconds or so. I use one called Web Time. You should be able to find it on
intrnet. Have a go.

Jim

°Mike° 11-03-2003 12:56 AM

Re: PC clock runs slow

I don't need one, thank you very much. How about
telling the original poster?

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 19:42:36 -0500, in
<vqb949l4frsfc@corp.supernews.com>
Jim Sutton scrawled: