Velocity Reviews

-   -   IP Trace (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t184521-ip-trace.html)

What's In A Name? 11-02-2003 04:46 AM

IP Trace

What is the website address where you can enter someone's IP address and it
gives you their entire information regarding location, organization etc?

Thanks.

george 11-02-2003 04:53 AM

Re: IP Trace

"What's In A Name?" <BlowRim4@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What is the website address where you can enter someone's IP address and

it
> gives you their entire information regarding location, organization etc?
>
> Thanks.

http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

George Girard, Programmer/FiddlerArounder, georgegg@magnolia.net
Your Current Internet Information can be found here:
http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/You...et.Information
http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/Dns.Whois.Nslookup

Harrison 11-02-2003 04:56 AM

Re: IP Trace

There are many sites which do this.
To name a few...
http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/
http://www.domaintechs.com/whois.shtml
http://ws.arin.net/cgi-bin/whois.pl
http://www.dnsstuff.com/

What's In A Name? 11-02-2003 05:07 AM

Re: IP Trace

OK, I thought the site was called "WhoIs" or something like that.

Richard 11-02-2003 06:52 AM

Re: IP Trace

What's In A Name? wrote:

> OK, I thought the site was called "WhoIs" or something like that.

That's technically what the function is called. Many sites do this.
None will give you the person's personal account information.
Generally what you get is who owns the block of IP's.
If a domain you know is at 66.66.66.66, then you'd not be given the domain
information, but rather who is assigned to control that block, which may
range from 66.0.0.0 to 66.255.255.255.
Within that block could be thousands of domains.

Steven Pilbeam 11-02-2003 10:13 AM

Re: IP Trace

http://www.allwhois.com/

nemo 11-02-2003 08:00 PM

Re: IP Trace

You can also use Sam Spade free from:

http://www.samspade.org/ssw/

Regards

nemo

Petit Alexi 11-03-2003 03:35 PM

Re: IP Trace

"What's In A Name?" <BlowRim4@yahoo.com> wrote in news:KuidnaGs15G2DDmiRVn-
iw@comcast.com:

> OK, I thought the site was called "WhoIs" or something like that.

whois is a tool. You can get programs to do whois lookups, or you can get
similar information from websites.

You might see people using 'dig', which is 'better'.

Travis 01-22-2004 03:27 PM

Re: IP Trace

The website that you can visit to find out IP information is www.arin.net .

pondus 03-02-2013 10:19 PM

use nslookup command in cmd.exe for resolving DNS/IP
and use geopiptool.com for map lookups