Velocity Reviews

-   -   Clone CD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t184199-clone-cd.html)

Brihu 10-29-2003 10:46 AM

Clone CD

I see CloneCD has been ressurected by Slysoft if anyone is interested, at
site:

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

I know several people that were quite upset when Elby stopped it.
--
Cheers Brian
:o))

why? 10-29-2003 05:14 PM

Re: Clone CD

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:46:53 GMT, Brihu wrote:

>I see CloneCD has been ressurected by Slysoft if anyone is interested, at
>site:
>
>http://www.slysoft.com/en/

Thanks, a URL I have been waiting to appear for a couple of weeks had
not checked for a few days.

>I know several people that were quite upset when Elby stopped it.

Me for 1, I bought it about 10 days before it was removed.

Interesting the version jump, the one I downloaded and paid for was
4.2.0.2 and the Slysoft one is 4.3.1.6 quite a big jump.

Me

Brihu 10-29-2003 05:22 PM

Re: Clone CD

> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:46:53 GMT, Brihu wrote:
>
> >I see CloneCD has been ressurected by Slysoft if anyone is interested, at
> >site:
> >
> >http://www.slysoft.com/en/

> Thanks, a URL I have been waiting to appear for a couple of weeks had
> not checked for a few days.
>
> >I know several people that were quite upset when Elby stopped it.

> Me for 1, I bought it about 10 days before it was removed.
>
> Interesting the version jump, the one I downloaded and paid for was
> 4.2.0.2 and the Slysoft one is 4.3.1.6 quite a big jump.

I believe Slysoft will let you upgrade if you had a legal version, not sure
though. Remember reading something about it.

why? 10-29-2003 05:40 PM

Re: Clone CD

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:22:52 GMT, Brihu wrote:

>news:q3tvpv08sdud0b2foh2dobul8v0k6qnrtd@4ax.com.. .
>> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:46:53 GMT, Brihu wrote:
>>
>> >I see CloneCD has been ressurected by Slysoft if anyone is interested, at
>> >site:
>> >
>> >http://www.slysoft.com/en/

>> Thanks, a URL I have been waiting to appear for a couple of weeks had
>> not checked for a few days.
>>
>> >I know several people that were quite upset when Elby stopped it.

>> Me for 1, I bought it about 10 days before it was removed.
>>
>> Interesting the version jump, the one I downloaded and paid for was
>> 4.2.0.2 and the Slysoft one is 4.3.1.6 quite a big jump.
>>

>I believe Slysoft will let you upgrade if you had a legal version, not sure
>though. Remember reading something about it.

That's what it looks like, going to try soon.

Important note for owners of a CloneCD-License from Elaborate Bytes:
CloneCD-Users, who purchased their License from Elaborate Bytes, can
update to the new Version from SlySoft, Inc. free of charge, but please
not the following:
<snip>

Me

Proprclr 10-29-2003 05:45 PM

Re: Clone CD

From: Miggsee (Miggsee@hotmail.com)
>Why "English please"? This is *not* an English only newsgroup.

Because it's extremely rude to start talking in a language that
most other people in the discussion don't understand, especialy
when the original poster wants help. I don't want to have to use
Babbelfish or some other translator just to decipher your post, and
neither does anyone else.

trout 10-29-2003 08:05 PM

Re: Clone CD

Proprclr wrote:

> From: Miggsee (Miggsee@hotmail.com)
>> Why "English please"? This is *not* an English only newsgroup.

> Because it's extremely rude to start talking in a language that
> most other people in the discussion don't understand, especialy
> when the original poster wants help. I don't want to have to use
> Babbelfish or some other translator just to decipher your post, and
> neither does anyone else.

He didn't "start talking". His was the first message of *that
thread* (grouped with other threads of the same subject line in Google)
in an international newsgroup, in the language of his choice.
Nobody *had* to respond, if they didn't understand the language; and
to demand that they post in one foreign to him is pure ignorance.
Of course, since you're replying to a post that is half a year old;
and it will show up in a totally-different thread for the confused folks
playing along at home; none of this really matters, now.
--
"Strong contender for 'Most Pointless Post of the Day'."