Velocity Reviews

-   -   scandisk (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t183610-scandisk.html)

Jim McQuillan 10-22-2003 09:15 AM

scandisk

Some weeks ago there was a posting telling us how to find scandisk in XP
Home edition. Can anyone repeat it as I failed to make a note of it and my
memory aint what it was.
Many thanks.
jimac

---

Brihu 10-22-2003 09:31 AM

Re: scandisk

"Jim McQuillan" <jimac2@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Some weeks ago there was a posting telling us how to find scandisk in XP
> Home edition. Can anyone repeat it as I failed to make a note of it and my
> memory aint what it was.
> Many thanks.
> jimac
>

> ---

Its now called checkdisk. Go to My Computer - right click on C Drive -
Click Properties - Click Tools - Error Checking - Tick Config you want and
click OK. The disk will then be checked and repaired at your next boot up
normally as the C Drive will probably show as * Cant be locked*.

philo 10-22-2003 09:57 AM

Re: scandisk

"Jim McQuillan" <jimac2@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Some weeks ago there was a posting telling us how to find scandisk in XP
> Home edition. Can anyone repeat it as I failed to make a note of it and my
> memory aint what it was.
> Many thanks.
> jimac

from the command prompt
issue the command : chkdsk /f

it will run upon rebooting

Tergiversative 10-22-2003 10:01 AM

Re: scandisk

Jim McQuillan wrote:
> Some weeks ago there was a posting telling us how to find scandisk in XP
> Home edition. Can anyone repeat it as I failed to make a note of it and my
> memory aint what it was.
> Many thanks.

I haven't seen that post, but there is no scandisk in XP; it's chkdsk as in the
other NT versions. Right-click on the drive icon in Explorer, Properties, Tools
tab & you will see the tools for checking/maintaining your disk drive; there
are a wide variety of options for different levels of checking and repair. Or
go to a command prompt (Start/Run/CMD.EXE) and use CHKDSK /? to see all the
options available from the command line.

Jim McQuillan 10-22-2003 11:02 AM

Re: scandisk

Brilliant. Thanks to all replies. Knew you could help me.
Kind regards. jimac
"Jim McQuillan" <jimac2@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Some weeks ago there was a posting telling us how to find scandisk in XP
> Home edition. Can anyone repeat it as I failed to make a note of it and my
> memory aint what it was.
> Many thanks.
> jimac
>

> ---

---

Jason Chow 10-22-2003 11:11 PM

Re: scandisk

Right click on the drive that u want to sscan, then click on the tools tab
then chose "check this disk for errors"