Velocity Reviews

-   -   visiting Ukraine (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t183268-visiting-ukraine.html)

Dave 10-18-2003 05:05 PM

visiting Ukraine

I have phone the london Ukranian embassy, and they said I need a letter of
invitation to go with my private visit visa, yet if you look at this website
http://www.ukremb.org.uk/eng/cvs/info/invitations.html it says nationals of
EU countries which I assume the UK is, the letter is not needed.
I could easily get a tourist visa with a letter from hotel corfirming the
booking, but I am staying with girlfriend, so it seems silly to get a
tourist visa.
Has anyone else got any knowledge on this, I just want to get my facts right
before I ring em again
Dave

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

slumpy 10-18-2003 05:20 PM

Re: visiting Ukraine

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Dave continued:

> I have phone the london Ukranian embassy, and they said I need a
> letter of invitation to go with my private visit visa, yet if you
> look at this website
> http://www.ukremb.org.uk/eng/cvs/info/invitations.html it says
> nationals of EU countries which I assume the UK is, the letter is not
> needed.
> I could easily get a tourist visa with a letter from hotel corfirming
> the booking, but I am staying with girlfriend, so it seems silly to
> get a tourist visa.
> Has anyone else got any knowledge on this, I just want to get my
> facts right before I ring em again
> Dave

Having dealt with quite a few Embassies over the years I can confirm
they have so many rules it gets silly.

The website actually says this:

**Nationals of the EU countries, Canada, Japan, Slovak Republic, Swiss
Confederation, Republic of Turkey, United States of America who apply
for business, private, scientific, sporting and cultural visas do not
require a letter of invitation from Ukraine.

For Business Visa (Single/Double entry)
Each application should be accompanied by a letter of invitation from
the relevant Ukrainian company or organization (a faxed copy may be
accepted). The invitation should state full name of the applicant and
the purpose of journey.**

This is obviously a contradiction - I would suggest trying their
national airline (the people there will have more experience dealing
with the embassy) or an agency like Hogg Robinson, who may be prepared
to dispense free advice if you talk to them the right way. Do not let
them try to talk you into letting them handle your application - it will
cost you a fortune.
--
slumpy
no more

Dave 10-18-2003 09:16 PM

Re: visiting Ukraine

Thnx m8y
I emailed hogg robinson, now I.ll try Ukranian airlines

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

slumpy 10-18-2003 09:25 PM

Re: visiting Ukraine

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Dave continued:

> Thnx m8y
> I emailed hogg robinson, now I.ll try Ukranian airlines

NP :-)
--
slumpy
no more