Velocity Reviews

-   -   Dumbed Down Photo Editing Program? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t183004-dumbed-down-photo-editing-program.html)

BillyBoy 10-15-2003 04:46 PM

Dumbed Down Photo Editing Program?

My M-I-L received a few emails from our sons and wanted to print them on her
Deskjet. The photos were too large and overspread the paper (and monitor).
I'm aware of the propriatary programs that come with the cameras and they
are pretty dumbed down (at least the ones I've seen).

However, Photoshop/Photoshop Elements, and I believe even ACDSee would be
far to advanced for her. Hopefully, there are a few suggestions here..
Needs initially would be to modify size.. maybe crop.. and set up for
emailing.

Thanks in advance... Bill

Brian H供 10-15-2003 04:47 PM

Re: Dumbed Down Photo Editing Program?

BillyBoy said:

> My M-I-L received a few emails from our sons and wanted to print them on her
> Deskjet. The photos were too large and overspread the paper (and monitor).
> I'm aware of the propriatary programs that come with the cameras and they
> are pretty dumbed down (at least the ones I've seen).
>
> However, Photoshop/Photoshop Elements, and I believe even ACDSee would be
> far to advanced for her. Hopefully, there are a few suggestions here..
> Needs initially would be to modify size.. maybe crop.. and set up for
> emailing.
>
> Thanks in advance... Bill

Resize

BillyBoy 10-15-2003 04:53 PM

Re: Dumbed Down Photo Editing Program?

"Brian H供" <no.spam@this.addy.ta> wrote in message
Resize

Thanks Brian.. Is this a program one can download.. or are you suggesting a
command. She is using orig W98. I don't know if there is such a command in
98 if that is what you are suggesting.

Tnx, Bill

Me 10-15-2003 04:55 PM

Re: Dumbed Down Photo Editing Program?

Use the Resize command of Microsoft Photo Editor (part of win98)

Brian H供 10-15-2003 04:56 PM

BillyBoy said:

> "Brian H供" <no.spam@this.addy.ta> wrote in message
> Resize
>
> Thanks Brian.. Is this a program one can download.. or are you suggesting a
> command. She is using orig W98. I don't know if there is such a command in
> 98 if that is what you are suggesting.
>
> Tnx, Bill

Any image sofware no matter how simple or intricate will have this simplest of
functions.
You may like to get her to download IrfanView, along with the plug-ins.
links on my software page.

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

癕ike 10-15-2003 05:05 PM

Re: Dumbed Down Photo Editing Program?

IrfanView (free)
http://www.irfanview.com/

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:46:20 -0700, in
<voquevp41kqm47@corp.supernews.com>
BillyBoy scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

BillyBoy 10-15-2003 05:31 PM

Re: Dumbed Down Photo Editing Program?

Thanks Me.. I have a copy of Win98 for Dummies and looked in the glossery...
I don't see anything about PE as part of 98.

Can you tell me where to find it in 98? If there.. does it resize to screen
or for actual printing.?

Thanks again.

Oh yes, to those who have suggested IrfanView.. That may be too difficult
for her. She is in her 80's and needs something pretty easy.

Bill

癕ike 10-15-2003 05:35 PM

Re: Dumbed Down Photo Editing Program?

What could be easier than CTRL+R (or Image/Resize) and
check a standard dimension? That's how easy it is in
IrfanView - and it's free.

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:31:03 -0700, in
<vor12oprfucf6b@corp.supernews.com>
BillyBoy scrawled:

<snip>

>Oh yes, to those who have suggested IrfanView.. That may be
>too difficult for her. She is in her 80's and needs something
>pretty easy.
>
>Bill

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Boomer 10-15-2003 05:35 PM

BillyBoy wrote:

> Thanks Me.. I have a copy of Win98 for Dummies and looked in the
> glossery... I don't see anything about PE as part of 98.
>
> Can you tell me where to find it in 98? If there.. does it
> resize to screen or for actual printing.?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Oh yes, to those who have suggested IrfanView.. That may be too
> difficult for her. She is in her 80's and needs something
> pretty easy.
>
> Bill

Maybe this one if you think Irfanview would be too difficult.
Picture Tray
http://www.picturetray.com/

Steven Pilbeam 10-15-2003 05:36 PM

"BillyBoy" <nospam@nix.net> wrote in message
> My M-I-L received a few emails from our sons and wanted to print them

on her
> Deskjet. The photos were too large and overspread the paper (and

monitor).
> I'm aware of the propriatary programs that come with the cameras and

they
> are pretty dumbed down (at least the ones I've seen).
>
> However, Photoshop/Photoshop Elements, and I believe even ACDSee would

be
> far to advanced for her. Hopefully, there are a few suggestions

here..
> Needs initially would be to modify size.. maybe crop.. and set up for
> emailing.
>
> Thanks in advance... Bill

If the photos she is being e-mailed are JPG/JPEG the try "easy jpeg
printer" from
http://www.jgraff.addr.com/printpix.htm its free !!