Velocity Reviews

-   -   Print list of files in folder? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t182377-print-list-of-files-in-folder.html)

Red Clay 10-08-2003 05:32 PM

Print list of files in folder?

I've got folders with about 100 files in it and want to print a list of the
file names. In the old DOS days, you could just do DIR > PRN and you'd have
it.

How do I do that in WIN XP Home or WIN 2000?

Red

Ken Smith 10-08-2003 05:38 PM

Re: Print list of files in folder?

Maybe this piece of software can help. it worked for me.

Ken

Ken Smith 10-08-2003 05:38 PM

Re: Print list of files in folder?

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp oops, forgot the link

Ken

Alan Cates 10-08-2003 05:50 PM

Re: Print list of files in folder?

You can do the same thing in W2K or XP. Open the Command Prompt and type the
command dir > prn:

Try DIR /? for a list of the new options in W2K and XP.

I usually use something like dir /C /N /O:N > filename.txt then edit the
resulting file with a word processor or Excel.

Alan C

Gecko 10-08-2003 05:54 PM

Re: Print list of files in folder?

Open command box (start>run>cmd)
browse to directory
type DIR>PRN

Form feed your printer.

Kathy Joyal 10-08-2003 07:27 PM

Re: Print list of files in folder?

No I am sorry I don't know but could you let me know when you find out.
Thanks so much. KJ

Plato 10-09-2003 05:49 AM

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/116.htm#2

softwarepilgrim 04-23-2012 01:05 PM