Velocity Reviews

-   -   Video playback (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t181917-video-playback.html)

Data888 10-03-2003 03:07 AM

Video playback

Hi.
I'm trying to play a video file, but when I open it in Windows Media
Player, the audio plays, but not the video, it's just a black screen.
The video properties show the codec is "DIVXMPG4 V3", and I have DivX
installed. I just got the latest Nimo codec pack to check, but it made
no difference. However, both TMPGEnc and VirtualDub can both open the
file to convert it to another format, so obviously the video isn't
corrupted. It just seems that WMP isn't using the correct codec to
decode the video. Any suggestions?

Nick.

°Mike° 10-03-2003 03:40 AM

Re: Video playback

If you can open it in TMPGEnc and VirtualDub, have you
tried to re-encode/resave it?

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 13:07:22 +1000, in
<3F7CE7EA.9060501@bigfoot.com.au>
Data888 scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Data888 10-03-2003 04:37 AM

Re: Video playback

I haven't yet, but I think that's what I might do. I don't like doing
that though because I always seem to have trouble with audio sync when I
re-encode video.

°Mike° 10-03-2003 04:39 AM

Re: Video playback

Use this as the perfect excuse to get it right. Save it to
a temporary file, obviously, until you get it right.

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 14:37:01 +1000, in
<3F7CFCED.7080503@bigfoot.com.au>
Data888 scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Data888 10-03-2003 04:53 AM

Re: Video playback

Well that's one way of looking at it. It might work since I'm just going
to convert DivX AVI -> Divx AVI. Previously I've been trying to convert
to MPEG.