Velocity Reviews

-   -   WIN ME (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t181658-win-me.html)

medgil 09-30-2003 03:13 PM

WIN ME

My notebook is a Gateway 5300. I was in the process to getting to the
initial setting.
I was unable to complete the process because the computer booted itself and
came with this message: "The following file is missing or corrupted:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD..... I'm running Windows ME
When I click on Safe Mode it takes me back to the C: prompt. Please help.
I just move to my new place and I can find a reboot disk. Can anyone help?
Thanks

--
GILBERTO MEDINA

Harrison 09-30-2003 03:27 PM

Re: WIN ME

Just a comment: You have one of the worst Operating Systems combined
with one of the worst hardware configurations known to man.

Sorry...had to say it.

Another Airnet User 09-30-2003 04:01 PM

Re: WIN ME

In article <F4heb.378911$2x.116671@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net> , medgil@insightbb.com says...

>My notebook is a Gateway 5300. I was in the process to getting to the
>initial setting.
> I was unable to complete the process because the computer booted itself and
>came with this message: "The following file is missing or corrupted:
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD..... I'm running Windows ME
>When I click on Safe Mode it takes me back to the C: prompt. Please help.
>I just move to my new place and I can find a reboot disk. Can anyone help?
>Thanks

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...40TK2MSFTNGP09

Sorry if it line wraps. If so, copy and paste into your browser in pieces.

Source search:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=VM...=Google+Search