Velocity Reviews

-   -   jumped mobo, now no video output (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t181617-jumped-mobo-now-no-video-output.html)

osote@techie.com 09-30-2003 01:44 AM

jumped mobo, now no video output

something happened to cause both of my networked computers to
completely shut down, whether there was a massive power surge or
somebody was screwing around with them or intentionally f***ed with
them I don't know, all I know is suddenly neither of them would turn
on at all. No power whatsoever. So I removed the jumpers and cmos
batteries in both and put them back and got them both going again,
power comes on and you can hear the hard drive start up, no video card
error sound and the monitors say they work but there is no video
output at all, not even bios screen. ****. waaaaa...

msi kt3 ultra2 with an athlon 1800+ and an asus p2b with a pII 300.
i want my computers to work. anybody?

Blinky the Shark 09-30-2003 02:33 AM

Re: jumped mobo, now no video output

osote@techie.com wrote:
> something happened to cause both of my networked computers to
> completely shut down, whether there was a massive power surge or
> somebody was screwing around with them or intentionally f***ed with
> them I don't know, all I know is suddenly neither of them would turn
> on at all. No power whatsoever. So I removed the jumpers and cmos
> batteries in both and put them back and got them both going again,
> power comes on and you can hear the hard drive start up, no video card
> error sound and the monitors say they work but there is no video
> output at all, not even bios screen. ****. waaaaa...

Just went through that with mine, and found - by substitution - a bad
mobo. But why two -- in your case? That's pretty weird.

--
Blinky Linux RU 297263
NEW 9/25/03:

Gareth Howells 09-30-2003 06:43 PM

Re: jumped mobo, now no video output

try replacing the gfx cards (if the original were AGP, try replacing them
with PCI or ISA as agp controllers seem to have a very short shelf life in
my experience

news:slrnbnhr14.7gn.no.spam@thurston.blinkynet.net ...