Velocity Reviews

-   -   default program to open pictures (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t181613-default-program-to-open-pictures.html)

Barbara 09-30-2003 12:12 AM

default program to open pictures

Help!

A trial version of LPro was downloaded and ran out long ago on my computer.
Now whenever I try to open a photo file, it comes up as an Lpro file.
Because the trial version is used up, I can't even open the picture. How do
I reset the default back to the original, so I can open picture files?
Thanks!

Brian H 09-30-2003 12:16 AM

Re: default program to open pictures

Barbara said:

> Help!
>
> A trial version of LPro was downloaded and ran out long ago on my computer.
> Now whenever I try to open a photo file, it comes up as an Lpro file.
> Because the trial version is used up, I can't even open the picture. How do
> I reset the default back to the original, so I can open picture files?
> Thanks!

Right click an image, choose Open With | Choose Program, pick the default
program you prefer, and also choose to "Always use this program to open these
files"

SirOsisOfThuliver 09-30-2003 12:22 AM

Barbara wrote:

> Help!
>
> A trial version of LPro was downloaded and ran out long ago on my computer.
> Now whenever I try to open a photo file, it comes up as an Lpro file.
> Because the trial version is used up, I can't even open the picture. How do
> I reset the default back to the original, so I can open picture files?
> Thanks!

Right-click on filename > Properties > Change > (select the program you
want to use to open the file).

Barbara 09-30-2003 12:30 AM

Re: default program to open pictures

thanks Brian, it seems so simple, but I just didn't know where to look. I
appreciate your help.

BobJ. 09-30-2003 12:33 AM

Barbara wrote:
> Help!
>
> A trial version of LPro was downloaded and ran out long ago on my computer.
> Now whenever I try to open a photo file, it comes up as an Lpro file.
> Because the trial version is used up, I can't even open the picture. How do
> I reset the default back to the original, so I can open picture files?
> Thanks!

What is your OS?

For XP simply right click on the icon and select Open With... Find the
program you would like to use and check off the Always use... box.

For Win 9x, i think you can get to the same thing by holding down the
SHIFT key and then right clicking.

HTH.