Velocity Reviews

-   -   Configuring OE6 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t181608-configuring-oe6.html)

Bill 09-29-2003 10:23 PM

Configuring OE6

I had hopes of configuring OE6 so that when my curser was on an incoming
message it would not open until I 'double clicked' on it. IOW.. lets say a
spam message comes in that I want to delete without opening.. so as not to
send back a message to the sender that I opened it.. How can I delete this
message without it being opened?

I went to Tools | Options | Read and unchecked Automatically open

Thanks,
--
Bill
Iesus, tanto nomini nullum par elogium

Brian H供 09-29-2003 10:30 PM

Re: Configuring OE6

Bill said:

> I had hopes of configuring OE6 so that when my curser was on an incoming
> message it would not open until I 'double clicked' on it. IOW.. lets say a
> spam message comes in that I want to delete without opening.. so as not to
> send back a message to the sender that I opened it.. How can I delete this
> message without it being opened?
>
> I went to Tools | Options | Read and unchecked Automatically open
>
> Thanks,

Turn off the preview pane.

Ionizer 09-29-2003 10:30 PM

Re: Configuring OE6

"Bill" <chips@cwnet.com> wrote in message
> I had hopes of configuring OE6 so that when my curser was on an incoming
> message it would not open until I 'double clicked' on it. IOW.. lets say

> spam message comes in that I want to delete without opening.. so as not to
> send back a message to the sender that I opened it.. How can I delete this
> message without it being opened?
>
> I went to Tools | Options | Read and unchecked Automatically open
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Bill
> Iesus, tanto nomini nullum par elogium

Go to View|Layout: un-check "show preview pane."

Regards,
Ian.

ilmc 09-29-2003 10:57 PM

Re: Configuring OE6

Brian H供 typed:

> Turn off the preview pane.

Did that at work this morning. Now I'm at home, OE has no "preview". I
must have been _really_ ****ed lasted night.
:-)
(hic)

Brian H供 09-29-2003 11:05 PM

Re: Configuring OE6

ilmc said:

> Brian H供 typed:
>>
>> Turn off the preview pane.

> Did that at work this morning. Now I'm at home, OE has no "preview". I
> must have been _really_ ****ed lasted night.
> :-)
> (hic)

Tools | Options | Read | Automatically download message when viewing in the
preview pane.

I must admit that I can't find anything to turn the preview pane off, so this
must be ver 6's answer to security.

trout 09-29-2003 11:09 PM

Re: Configuring OE6

Brian H供 wrote:

> ilmc said:

>> Brian H供 typed:
>>>
>>> Turn off the preview pane.

>> Did that at work this morning. Now I'm at home, OE has no
>> "preview". I must have been _really_ ****ed lasted night.
>> :-)
>> (hic)

> Tools | Options | Read | Automatically download message when viewing
> in the preview pane.
>
> I must admit that I can't find anything to turn the preview pane off,
> so this must be ver 6's answer to security.

Well, it's still under View > Layout....
--
"Or am I misunderstanding what you said?"

Brian H供 09-29-2003 11:10 PM

Re: Configuring OE6

trout said:

> Brian H供 wrote:
>
>> ilmc said:

>>> Brian H供 typed:

>>> Did that at work this morning. Now I'm at home, OE has no
>>> "preview". I must have been _really_ ****ed lasted night.
>>> :-)
>>> (hic)

>> Tools | Options | Read | Automatically download message when viewing
>> in the preview pane.
>>
>> I must admit that I can't find anything to turn the preview pane off,
>> so this must be ver 6's answer to security.

> Well, it's still under View > Layout....

Ah, yes, the amount of times I forget about that part of the menu :-S

ilmc 09-29-2003 11:12 PM

Re: Configuring OE6

Brian H供 typed:
> ilmc said:

>> Brian H供 typed:
>>>
>>> Turn off the preview pane.

>> Did that at work this morning. Now I'm at home, OE has no
>> "preview". I must have been _really_ ****ed lasted night.
>> :-)
>> (hic)

> Tools | Options | Read | Automatically download message when viewing
> in the preview pane.
>
> I must admit that I can't find anything to turn the preview pane off,
> so this must be ver 6's answer to security.

Trout is right (as usual). Interestingly, it turn or the preview for email
but not for ngs. Odd.

ilmc 09-29-2003 11:18 PM

Re: Configuring OE6

> Brian H供 typed:
>> ilmc said:

>>> Brian H供 typed:

>>> Did that at work this morning. Now I'm at home, OE has no
>>> "preview". I must have been _really_ ****ed lasted night.
>>> :-)
>>> (hic)

>> Tools | Options | Read | Automatically download message when viewing
>> in the preview pane.
>>
>> I must admit that I can't find anything to turn the preview pane off,
>> so this must be ver 6's answer to security.

> Trout is right (as usual). Interestingly, it turn or the preview for
> email but not for ngs. Odd.

Bugger.
1) I ment to reply to Brian
2) it seems I'm ****ed again and can't hit the key I'm aiming at
3) of to bed
:-)

Brian H供 09-29-2003 11:18 PM

Re: Configuring OE6

ilmc said:

> Brian H供 typed:
>> ilmc said:

>>> Brian H供 typed:

>>> Did that at work this morning. Now I'm at home, OE has no
>>> "preview". I must have been _really_ ****ed lasted night.
>>> :-)
>>> (hic)

>> Tools | Options | Read | Automatically download message when viewing
>> in the preview pane.
>>
>> I must admit that I can't find anything to turn the preview pane off,
>> so this must be ver 6's answer to security.

> Trout is right (as usual). Interestingly, it turn or the preview for email
> but not for ngs. Odd.

You need to be in an ng to turn it off, it has 2 parts to it, 1 for mail, one
for ng's.