Velocity Reviews

-   -   slow CD burning in Win2k (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t180823-slow-cd-burning-in-win2k.html)

Gabe 09-21-2003 02:35 PM

slow CD burning in Win2k

I use a Lite-on LTR-40125S (40x12x48) burner. I noticed that CD burning in
Win2k SP4 is much slower compared to XP which used to be on this machine.
It takes around 6 mins for a full cd and if I recall correctly it used to
take about half that time.

The yellow LED (buffering?) lights up more frequently than it was before.

Any ideas how to optimize it?

Thanks,

Gabe

Richard Stickman 09-21-2003 03:45 PM

Re: slow CD burning in Win2k

"Gabe" <gabe1@softhome.net> wrote in message
news:bHibb.9318$Lnr1.2967@news01.bloor.is.net.cabl e.rogers.com...
> I use a Lite-on LTR-40125S (40x12x48) burner. I noticed that CD burning in
> Win2k SP4 is much slower compared to XP which used to be on this machine.
> It takes around 6 mins for a full cd and if I recall correctly it used to
> take about half that time.
>
> The yellow LED (buffering?) lights up more frequently than it was before.
>
> Any ideas how to optimize it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gabe

Hi,