Velocity Reviews

-   -   Backweb (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t180770-backweb.html)

PWB 09-20-2003 11:22 PM

Backweb

I have a registry file that Spy Boot picks up regular as spyware, it is in
my start-up program. I know because I tracked it down by entering 'msconfig'
into the Run window. The problem I have is every time I uncheck it when my
pc re-boots it starts again . Does anyone know how I can permanently stop it
please only I don't want to really delete the registry path TIA

°Mike° 09-20-2003 11:31 PM

Re: Backweb

Why are you unchecking it in msconfig, if it is spyware, and
you have SpyBot installed? What's wrong with having
SpyBot take care of it?

If there is a problem with SpyBot removing it, install HijackThis
and post your log contents here. Be sure to name the spyware
you are trying to get rid of.

HijackThis
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 00:22:58 +0100, in
<lj5bb.631$%G1.434@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net>
PWB scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

PWB 09-20-2003 11:34 PM

Re: Backweb

Ok thanks its just it is a nuisance spybot picking it up every time and I'm
unable to get rid of it.

trout 09-20-2003 11:39 PM

Re: Backweb

PWB wrote:

> I have a registry file that Spy Boot picks up regular as spyware, it
> is in my start-up program. I know because I tracked it down by
> entering 'msconfig' into the Run window. The problem I have is every
> time I uncheck it when my pc re-boots it starts again . Does anyone
> know how I can permanently stop it please only I don't want to really
> delete the registry path TIA

I'd suggest that you let Spybot S&D delete it, but keep a back-up;
'just in case' (although I don't think it's necessary).
Read more here:
http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/B/Backweb.asp
--
"There are suggestions on various ways to handle it."

PWB 09-21-2003 12:06 AM

Re: Backweb

Thanks for the URL I didn't know it was for product updates it is the icon I
have in the start-up folder for my scanner so now all I did was delete that
and now I can check manually to see if there are any updates.

NewKillerStar 09-21-2003 06:30 AM

Re: Backweb

Uh, remove it in add /remove programs. It may be listed as service
connection.