Velocity Reviews

-   -   2nd hard drive boot up (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t180418-2nd-hard-drive-boot-up.html)

gonads 09-17-2003 08:53 AM

2nd hard drive boot up

Hi
I have just formatted my slaved hard drive, and everytime system boots, i
get an option to start either c, the main drive or d the slaved drive, is
there any way I can disable this option so that system boots from c drive
thanks
Dave

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

gonads 09-17-2003 10:18 AM

Re: 2nd hard drive boot up

Dunno whats goin on here but I just wiped the slave drive clean and it still
asks me on boot up which HDD i want to load, even if I disable it in device
manager it still asks me, also my 60 gig hdd slaved drive is only recognised
as a 30 gig

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

news:554254293671756cf5befe2b5e980765@news.teranew s.com...

Billy 09-17-2003 06:32 PM

Re: 2nd hard drive boot up

What operating system(s) are/were you using?
If XP or W2K then change your folder view to show hidden files. Then
open Boot.ini with notepad and delete the unwanted entry. If XP, you
may want to open System Properties, Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery
button, change the display operating systems timer to 0.

news:177e54ea1df55ce1e9cbd105848b60da@news.teranew s.com...

-----

-----