Velocity Reviews

-   -   Compaq Splash screen removel (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t180247-compaq-splash-screen-removel.html)

Ockerr 09-15-2003 05:33 AM

Compaq Splash screen removel

Can any anyone tell me please how to stop the Compaq splash screen coming
up when the Computer is switched on, It never used to appear until I reset
the Bios to the origonal default . I cant see any thing in the Bios that
mentions the start up screen, or even mentions of a way to stop the Ram
count appearing on the screen. My Computer is a Compaq Deskpro PII 350, I
had thought the Bios might write a pic file to the Hard drive, then I could
replace it with another pic but I cant see any thing on the HD unless its is
another type format.
Cheers and Thanks

Juan Pérez 09-15-2003 07:59 AM

Re: Compaq Splash screen removel

<http://www.dgyates.demon.co.uk/splash.htm>

Try here. You won't find anything that addresses Compac specifically
but you may get a better idea about splash screens in general. There's
more here:
<http://tinylink.com/?ZiecmQZBqe >

Miggsee 09-15-2003 10:11 AM

Re: Compaq Splash screen removel

Buenas dios, Señor! ¿Cómo es usted, mi querido? ¡Archivado! :)

news:Eje9b.15173$Aq2.11425@newsread1.news.atl.eart hlink.net...

trout 09-15-2003 11:04 AM

Juan Pérez wrote:

> <http://www.dgyates.demon.co.uk/splash.htm>
>
> Try here. You won't find anything that addresses Compac specifically
> but you may get a better idea about splash screens in general. There's
> more here:
> http://tinylink.com/?ZiecmQZBqe

Well wadda ya know. Finally, don't have to look at the damned OE
'blue box' anymore. Just about "brand-free".
--
"Excellent."

Juan Pérez 09-15-2003 10:32 PM

Re: Compaq Splash screen removel

LOL (véase Babelfish) ¿LTNT, mi señora bonita, y cómo son usted? Google
rocks too, eh? ;-)

Juan Pérez 09-15-2003 10:40 PM

trout <me2@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Juan Pérez wrote:
>
> > <http://www.dgyates.demon.co.uk/splash.htm>
> >
> > Try here. You won't find anything that addresses Compac

specifically
> > but you may get a better idea about splash screens in general.

There's
> > more here:
> > http://tinylink.com/?ZiecmQZBqe

> Well wadda ya know. Finally, don't have to look at the damned OE
> 'blue box' anymore. Just about "brand-free".
> --
> "Excellent."

Thanks to Google! I couldn't do without.
--
"Seriously"

Miggsee 09-16-2003 12:48 AM

Re: Compaq Splash screen removel

teeheehee, Juan! Habit takes me back to Babelfish. I do love Google, others
laugh because it's my homepage! :)

I hope you and yours are fine.....it has been a long time, my friend!!

news:N5r9b.15625$NM1.15248@newsread2.news.atl.eart hlink.net...

Hugh Lilly 09-16-2003 08:01 AM

trout wrote:

> Juan Pérez wrote:
>
>> <http://www.dgyates.demon.co.uk/splash.htm>
>>
>> Try here. You won't find anything that addresses Compac specifically
>> but you may get a better idea about splash screens in general. There's
>> more here:
>> http://tinylink.com/?ZiecmQZBqe

> Well wadda ya know. Finally, don't have to look at the damned OE
> 'blue box' anymore. Just about "brand-free".

But 'Microsoft' is written everywhere. I wouldn't call that brand-free.

*This* is brand-free: http://www.linux.com
--
(C) 2003 Hugh Lilly
mail: hl@slackware.co.nz

trout 09-16-2003 02:10 PM

Hugh Lilly wrote:

> trout wrote:
>
>> Juan Pérez wrote:
>>
>>> <http://www.dgyates.demon.co.uk/splash.htm>
>>>
>>> Try here. You won't find anything that addresses Compac
>>> specifically but you may get a better idea about splash screens in
>>> general. There's more here:
>>> http://tinylink.com/?ZiecmQZBqe

>> Well wadda ya know. Finally, don't have to look at the damned OE
>> 'blue box' anymore. Just about "brand-free".

> But 'Microsoft' is written everywhere. I wouldn't call that
> brand-free.
>
> *This* is brand-free: http://www.linux.com

Tut tut, Linux Lad. There's a plethora of freeware that makes all
that branding a thing of the past. I use IEMate.
--
"And my title bar is all about fish."

trout 09-16-2003 03:03 PM

--